• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MSTS Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonb

Established Member
Guys, I have just had a new PC installed at home which seems to refuse to run Microsoft Train Simulator. Whenever I start to load the application I get the standard loading screen (With the two rails) And it starts to load. However it gets about 1/4 of the way across and comes up with a Windows Error message and closes itself down. Myself and our IT consultant have been looking at a solution for the past couple of days with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
You only require UKFineScale and the latest TSection if you have installed other add-ons. UKFineScale is a new track system like X-Tracks and only used by add-on routes and will not even be noticed by MSTS if you only have a default installation. You would have been instructed to install them anyway. If you have not instaled any add-ons then it's pointless installing these two files until you have a stable MSTS operating. As I said previously do you have the official updates or any add-ons installed?

jonb

Established Member
Still no luck when I enter MSTS no error message appears it just closes itself down completley. I have installed updates from the MSTS website but this does'nt solve anything.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

mbonwick

Established Member
Please tell us what the error message says, so we can guess less and help more!

jonb

Established Member
Please tell us what the error message says, so we can guess less and help more!

Thats the point there is NO error message all I get is the screen with the tracks on (Loading screen) Which gets 1/4 of the way across and then it exits automatically

mbonwick

Established Member
However it gets about 1/4 of the way across and comes up with a Windows Error message and closes itself down. Myself and our IT consultant have been looking at a solution for the past couple of days with no luck. Any ideas?

You mentioned an error message in the original post!

jonb

Established Member
No problems sorted it however on the Great Eastern I seem to get some transparancies eg:
37_Ilford.jpg

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Coxster

Established Member
You get a similar thing to this called "white out" when heading east-to-west on some routes. This requires a simple saveing of the activity, then re-load it and you'll be fine throughout the rest of the activity. This is not that though as it is blue and you can still see the scenery. It would appear to be missing ground textures (my non-expert opinion). Do you get that problem on other routes? It's possible the install may have been interupted or upset by something so you could try uninstalling then reinstalling Great Eastern again. Failing that I'm sure Making Tracks would be interested to hear about this on their forums.

jonb

Established Member
Hi Damon,
I have now fixed GE as per your advice, however whenever I run Dorset Coast it always loads the activity then shuts down when it is completed, is this because my settings are set too high for the route??

Many thanks,

Coxster

Established Member
Are you using TrainStore to load Dorset Coast? If not then you should. Dorset Coast makes even the latest computers commit suicide ;) TrainStore is included on the Dorset Coast CD or is available for download from UKTS. If you use 'Easy Train Store' mode then all you need to do is select your loco or activity, click "Run" and away you go. What TrainStore does is it temporarily stores everything that is not required in the activity that you choose, therefore Train Simulator only has to deal with a small number of routes and stock when loading, therefore making it much more stable and a hell of a lot more faster!

Status
Not open for further replies.