• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail old oak vs Arriva Rail London new cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvz

The thing is I have already accepted an offer for Trainee Train Driver for old oak common MTR to start in June. I had applied for arriva rail London (whom I currently work for) a few months ago and nowI have finally heard back for a managers interview.
I just need some help with insight about new cross gate depot and old oak depot. I originally wanted to stay with arriva rail London because I work for them but now I have been so excited my interest grew for MTR. any info that could help me decide (passing the ARL interview) will be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Val3ntine

Don’t know much about either companies but the depots are totally different areas so i’m assuming one or the other is local to you and the other will create a bit of a journey for yourself. Personally I’d go for the one which is closer to you as I believe companies have very similar pay, terms and conditions and benefits so you’ll be losing nothing whichever you went for.
If however the old oak common is not the one that is local to you then you did right by accecpting the offer. Definetly still attend the managers interview for ARL and if you are succesful then take it. If Old Oak is your local depot then i’d advise not to attend the managers interview for ARL you already have the best option sorted.

Arvz

Don’t know much about either companies but the depots are totally different areas so i’m assuming one or the other is local to you and the other will create a bit of a journey for yourself. Personally I’d go for the one which is closer to you as I believe companies have very similar pay, terms and conditions and benefits so you’ll be losing nothing whichever you went for.
If however the old oak common is not the one that is local to you then you did right by accecpting the offer. Definetly still attend the managers interview for ARL and if you are succesful then take it. If Old Oak is your local depot then i’d advise not to attend the managers interview for ARL you already have the best option sorted.
Thanks. Yeah old oak is closer. I’m trying to get more info on roster, parkings, over night shifts and anything else that would make my selection easier, while at the same time appreciating the opportunity.

malor

Thanks. Yeah old oak is closer. I’m trying to get more info on roster, parkings, over night shifts and anything else that would make my selection easier, while at the same time appreciating the opportunity.

I have worked for both companies and can confirm the following:
  • The roster pattern for MTR is better than NXG
  • Both depots have secured parking
  • NXG has a night link separate from the normal link, but MTR has this incorporated into their roster
Choose wisely

Arvz

I have worked for both companies and can confirm the following:
  • The roster pattern for MTR is better than NXG
  • Both depots have secured parking
  • NXG has a night link separate from the normal link, but MTR has this incorporated into their roster
Choose wisely
Thanks for this.

Arvz

I have seen some info on the roster of NXG does anyone have any info on old oak common depot please, hours, days on days off and weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.