• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.T.P.

Mate I’m in the same situation. Done mine on 22nd I might enquire it after holiday period. Did you apply for ilford depot?
It looks we're all in the same boat regarding the dmi. Hopefully it'll all happen in January, which is only a few days away. Happy new year to all!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

$Cm$zS2*

If I have been accepted and I have accepted their offer and signed, and I will pass the reference the background check and the criminal record check, is there any chance that my training place will be given to someone who scores more highly than me? I need to give notice soon.

Joliver

If I have been accepted and I have accepted their offer and signed, and I will pass the reference the background check and the criminal record check, is there any chance that my training place will be given to someone who scores more highly than me? I need to give notice soon.
No. You have been formally offered employment and you've accepted, subject to reference checks, medical and alcohol/drugs screening.
Congratulations.

$Cm$zS2*

Old Oak Common. On the 25th Feb.

I was expecting to be doing agency work on the bins that week. can't believe it.

TraineeDriver

Old Oak Common. On the 25th Feb.

I was expecting to be doing agency work on the bins that week. can't believe it.

Congrations, that makes 4 of us here starting on the 25th at Old Oak now. Does anyone know the size of the groups? Also has anyone heard about a date for the medical who's starting on the 25th yet?

Lukasso

Hello guys I've also passed my DMI and sign contract. My starting date is 25th Feb. Any of you have been contacted about medical examination yet?

Last edited:

Zeczam

Good day all. Congrats to all who got in!

I've got stage 2 assessment centre coming up (the one with MMI).

I just want to know the following:

===
1. For the pictures test, what kinds of pictures do they show? Is it kitchens like in the practice material or is traffic images, and what are you meant to look for?

2. Are the SJT questions train-based or general?

3. Is the MMI interview based on the answers you gave in the SJT test or is a "describe a time when" kind of interview? Should I research the company etc?

4. How was the difficulty of the day compared to assessment day stage 1?

5. Any other handy info!
===

Many thanks in advance!

martin2345uk

Established Member
Good day all. Congrats to all who got in!

I've got stage 2 assessment centre coming up (the one with MMI).

I just want to know the following:

===
1. For the pictures test, what kinds of pictures do they show? Is it kitchens like in the practice material or is traffic images, and what are you meant to look for?

2. Are the SJT questions train-based or general?

3. Is the MMI interview based on the answers you gave in the SJT test or is a "describe a time when" kind of interview? Should I research the company etc?

4. How was the difficulty of the day compared to assessment day stage 1?

5. Any other handy info!
===

Many thanks in advance!

1. It’s traffic scenes, you look for the same things in each photo, it’s all very clearly explained before you start so don’t stress this one too much

2. The SJT I sat for Freightliner I can’t quite recall, sure someone will assist

3. MMI is purely a “give an example of” interview, no company info needed at all

simonw22

Hello guys I've also passed my DMI and sign contract. My starting date is 25th Feb. Any of you have been contacted about medical examination yet?
How soon did you guys find out you were successful after the DMI?

Starz123

How soon did you guys find out you were successful after the DMI?
I found out on the day of my interview. I reckon they just trying to get through everyone as quickly as possible and also depends on what depot you choose.

Zeczam

Same in every picture, cars bikes pedestrians traffic signs traffic lights.

Thanks for your reply. So does it go like this:

They first tell you that in the next picture, you will need to observe how many pedestrians, what colour the signs are, what colour the lights are AND THEN they show the picture AND THEN they ask you the answers?

Or is it, they show you images, then they ask you the questions which you did not know before they showed you the picture?

Thanks a lot!

Joliver

Or is it, they show you images, then they ask you the questions which you did not know before they showed you the picture?

This one.

$Cm$zS2*

Pictures:

Look at photo for 1 sec.
Photo disappears.
Then get asked to Press:
1 - for Pedestrians
2 - for road signs
3 - for traffic lights
4 - for cycles and motorbikes
5 - for motor vehicles
[or some combination very similar].

Then when you come to the MMI, you will be asked a series of standard questions, during your answers you will repeatedly be asked: "how did that make you feel?".

Zeczam

Pictures:

Look at photo for 1 sec.
Photo disappears.
Then get asked to Press:
1 - for Pedestrians
2 - for road signs
3 - for traffic lights
5 - for motor vehicles

Then when you come to the MMI, you will be asked a series of standard questions, during your answers you will repeatedly be asked: "how did that make you feel?".

That's very useful to know, thank you!

Anders99

Pictures:

Look at photo for 1 sec.
Photo disappears.
Then get asked to Press:
1 - for Pedestrians
2 - for road signs
3 - for traffic lights
5 - for motor vehicles

"How did that make you feel?" hahahahahahaha I thought my interviewer guy was going nuts, like this was genuinely all he cared about, my poor feelings! Was quite irritating actually, as towards the end I started just telling him how it made me feel, but he still frickin asked so I'd end up repeating myself and feeling stupid that I didn't have anything else to say. Oh well!

Mekiz79

Yes I am waiting. Been about 6 weeks now.

I passed my DMI months ago for Gidea Park depot. Haven't heard anything since other than they are prioritising other depots first. Probably why you've not had yours yet

nmunkey

I passed my DMI months ago for Gidea Park depot. Haven't heard anything since other than they are prioritising other depots first. Probably why you've not had yours yet
ok thanks, that would make sense then...

Status
Not open for further replies.