• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDC

I'm currently working my way through the training process.

The application process can take about 6 months to up to a year. Then you may be placed in a talent pool and so not even offered the role immediately. I believe this round of applications is for a pool, not to start until late this year or next year, more than likely next year. But MTR have a contract to fill vacancies and have drivers ready to go, and I'm not that in the know to be able to elaborate any more on that. Most of us were surprised that the vacancy was advertised again tbh, but I'm not privy to that kind of info.

Have you applied?

Hello mate

I'm 1 of the August 5th intake.

Firstly I hope your training is going really well.

Secondly I would really appreciate it if you could let us know what to expect on the first couple of weeks.

Lastly I think there are a few others on this thread who have the same start date as me, l look forward to meeting you all very soon!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iceberg1

Hello mate

I'm 1 of the August 5th intake.

Firstly I hope your training is going really well.

Secondly I would really appreciate it if you could let us know what to expect on the first couple of weeks.

Lastly I think there are a few others on this thread who have the same start date as me, l look forward to meeting you all very soon!

Hi I’m starting on 5th August too after a long process and wait finally!! Looking forward to meeting you guys, see you soon!!

Last edited:

Quin79

Guys check your emails
Yep got my invite too for the VSE and Magnificent 7 SJE....I've emailed them to check if I balls it up whether it affects my other assessment day with another TOC I have in July. 7 days to do it so we shall see

Quin79

Anyone know if you have to complete both the SJE and VSE one after each other or can you do one on one day and the other on next fir example? Otherwise it's two hours straight

Mabs

Anyone know if you have to complete both the SJE and VSE one after each other or can you do one on one day and the other on next fir example? Otherwise it's two hours straight

You don't have to complete both assesment at once but I completed both at once because I have children and I couldn't guarantee I would get the chance to complete the second part in peace and quiet.

Spacegirl

T

old you to be patient. I’m still waiting and I must admit I’m getting kinda frustrated with the waiting.
Awww ruby try not to get frustrated, the email will come, when we start the job, we will both look back and laugh at how we use to get frustrated while waiting to hear back lol

ruby

Awww ruby try not to get frustrated, the email will come, when we start the job, we will both look back and laugh at how we use to get frustrated while waiting to hear back lol
Thank you for that. Good luck with the assessments

Joliver

T

old you to be patient. I’m still waiting and I must admit I’m getting kinda frustrated with the waiting.
If I remember correctly, it took me a while to hear back between different stages. Probably nearer the 20 day mark as they stipulate and I'm a couple of months from finishing training now. So being the last to get correspondence certainly doesn't mean you've failed. I know it's hard but you just have to be patient. Good luck.

Mabs

If I remember correctly, it took me a while to hear back between different stages. Probably nearer the 20 day mark as they stipulate and I'm a couple of months from finishing training now. So being the last to get correspondence certainly doesn't mean you've failed. I know it's hard but you just have to be patient. Good luck.

Makes you think you havnt passed if other people get their results quicker than you. I hate waiting.

I have been waiting over a week, I just want to know if I passed so I could start practising for the bourdon test.

Last edited:

Starz123

Me too, I remember my mate applied after me and he got a response before me. Like you said just have to be patient ! I’m also a few months from finishing training

N47

Hi

Anyone got any advise for the online SJT and VSE. The practise questions some of them just seem way to confusing, it’s difficult to make out what they actually want to hear in terms of safety, honesty etc

And the Vse the demo one on YouTube looks ok but I’ve heard it’s a lot more difficult.

Thanks

N Pattni

Hi I’m starting on 5th August too after a long process and wait finally!! Looking forward to meeting you guys, see you soon!!
5th Aug start too! Been waiting for 3 months! Only 1 more months to go now!

Yes, it would be great to know what's expected within the first few weeks. I know there is another start date 1st July! Enjoy guys!

Quin79

Still MTR/OPC haven't got back to me to 100% confirm whether the VSE and SJT count towards one of your attempts. I have my assessment with another TOC coming up mid next month and don't want to risk doing the MTR online tests just in case I muck up and them precludes me from my first ever assessment day

Teddyward

Still MTR/OPC haven't got back to me to 100% confirm whether the VSE and SJT count towards one of your attempts. I have my assessment with another TOC coming up mid next month and don't want to risk doing the MTR online tests just in case I muck up and them precludes me from my first ever assessment day
I failed the vse with arriva rail London. Had two interviews with other companies before the six months were up. Got a job with one of them. If the other operator doesn’t use it you should be fine.

Quin79

I failed the vse with arriva rail London. Had two interviews with other companies before the six months were up. Got a job with one of them. If the other operator doesn’t use it you should be fine.
I'm sure Southern/GTR don't do the VSE but not sure re the SJT element. An going to see if I can find a contact number today to have the question answered as no way want to compromise my assessment day

Spacegirl

Hi . Have they replied you for your VSE yet.
Hi ruby, no I done the vse but haven’t heard anything back, i just completed it 2 days ago so it’s bit early yet but it was hard the personality test is hard, you have to do a lot of reading, like for example your a teaching assistant you need help with music but you don’t want to ask the person because he gossips a lot, so what do you do? Do you ignore his gossips and ask him? Or do you ask a friend who also knows music or do you wait to see if you really need help. And that’s just one example, in others your like a building contractor or a office worker.

Spacegirl

Hi . Have they replied you for your VSE yet.
And that’s just the personality test of the vse, the other test I made mistakes, I didn’t have time to count how many mistakes I was making as I was just trying to make sure I’m in the moment and don’t lose concentration but I made mistakes

Mabs

Hopefully we get the good news tomorrow because I can see a pattern from MTR Crossrail. They usually email candidates around 3-5pm on a Wednesday or a Saturday.

ruby

And that’s just the personality test of the vse, the other test I made mistakes, I didn’t have time to count how many mistakes I was making as I was just trying to make sure I’m in the moment and don’t lose concentration but I made mistakes
From what I hear pretty much everyone makes it through the VSE so I think you will be fine. Lol I’m still waiting for them to let me know if I made it through to VSE.

ruby

Hopefully we get the good news tomorrow because I can see a pattern from MTR Crossrail. They usually email candidates around 3-5pm on a Wednesday or a Saturday.
Let’s hope that’s true. I’m this close to calling them up.

Mabs

Let’s hope that’s true. I’m this close to calling them up.

I don't think you should call them yet because it did say to wait upto 20 days to get the VSE results. If you call earlier, They might just say the same thing.

It's hard but we just have to wait and hope for the best.

ruby

I don't think you should call them yet because it did say to wait upto 20 days to get the VSE results. If you call earlier, They might just say the same thing.

It's hard but we just have to wait and hope for the best.
I haven’t got the email to complete the VSE yet. So I’m still waiting for the VSE and SJT assessment emails.

Quin79

I contacted OPC today and the gent I spoke to on the phone basically said that he did not believe that Southern/GTR don't use the VSE or the Magnificent 7 SJT and that if I took these online tests and for whatever reason didn't pass it shouldn't affect my Southern/GTR assessment day next mon the. Felt good about that but them had a reply to my initial email to them not commottling this information and strongly advising only having one application in at once and seeing it through to its natural conclusion. Seeing as am not being told a definitive answer I will not be risking my assessment day next month and will therefore withdraw from the MTR process. Thanks for all your help and guidance on this thread and wish you all the very best in your personal journeys in the process whatever stage you are at. Good luck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.