• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Elizabeth Line/Crossrail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesdude11

Hi All,

I’ve recently applied for a role with MTR crossrail - a manager within the Romford ROC - Control Team.
I have over 4 years experience of working in a railway control centre at a higher level.

wondered if anyone on here, works within the Romford ROC - could give me any insight into what the place is like to work in - and if it’s a ‘happy ship’

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lewis5949

Hey, I can't speak for the role you've applied for, but I applied twice last year for Customer Experience Controller, also in the ROC. The first time I got all the way to the end but they didn't have enough vacant positions, so I sat in a waiting list, and the second time was after the job reopened a week after the 6 month waiting list period. The recruitment team and process is a shockingly poor embarrassment to MTREL, in every aspect, but the interview I had was with two or three ROC staff including the Duty Head of Control (I think that's the title?) who seemed great people that I'd love to work around. I also spoke with two existing CEC's on LinkedIn before applying who both spoke well of the ROC's team. So outside of the recruitment process, it does appear to be a "happy ship". Good luck and hope that's somewhat helpful!

jamesdude11

Thanks for your reply, I’m still awaiting an update - it’s been nearly 2 weeks since applying, hopefully I’ll hear back soon.

welcome anyone else’s views who do or have worked at the ROC within TfL/MTR Crossrail.

felicita

Hi I've applied for a Customer Experience Controller, it's a slow process but don't forget there was a Christmas/New Year period :)

jamesdude11

When did you apply? Have you had any updates like online tests / invites to assessment yet?
Hi I've applied for a Customer Experience Controller, it's a slow process but don't forget there was a Christmas/New Year period :)

jamesdude11

I was wondering if anyone who currently works for MTR or knows of the terms and conditions, could let me know the following:

Annual Leave Entitlement
Pension Scheme (Is it final salary or not)
Staff Travel Benefits - what does this consist of

I have tried to find this information out online but can't find it, so I am posting here.

Whilst I appreciate different roles within MTR may be entitled to different terms/benefits - if anyone could share their terms/benefits or if you know the terms and benefits - It would be great for me to know - so that I determine if potientially taking up this new role would be beneficial for me.

Many thanks in advance ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.