• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Multi Model Interview (MMI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Train316

Hi Guys,
Wanted some help regarding details of how Trainee Train driver position works. I applied with London Overground and failed on the dots test first time round.

I went back late last year passed the dots test and on Monday i had my second stage assessments which i passed all including the extra that only London Overground and MTR do.

I did not pass the MMI does this mean i will never be able to apply for train driver again or am i allowed to as this is an interview?

I understand some people are not strong on interviews. I have worked really hard at this would hate to think i don't have another shot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Twotwo

Did you at least pass the dots test to a national standard the first time around?

I know London Overground require enhanced.

If you did pass national then you should have one chance left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Train316

Did you at leasf pass the dots test to a national standard the first time around? I know London Overground require enhanced. If you did pass national then you should have one chance left.
They didn't say actually. When i get my feedback i will find out

FManc

If you failed the dots and the MMI then unfortunately you’ve had your two shots at it and won’t be able to apply again (or until the tests change at least).

If you actually passed the dots, but not to London Overground standards then you technically have 1 go left with any TOC you reach the standard for.

Hope that helps!

OneLowban

If you failed the dots and the MMI then unfortunately you’ve had your two shots at it and won’t be able to apply again (or until the tests change at least).

If you actually passed the dots, but not to London Overground standards then you technically have 1 go left with any TOC you reach the standard for.

Hope that helps!
This is correct and we need clarification as to if you failed enhanced standard only or national too.

Also when did you fail the first time? It was a while ago but I believe everyone’s slate was wiped clean in 2013, correct me if I’m wrong.

severussnape

Last year I failed an online assessment the VSE with virgin. I have contacted OPC to see if that counts as a life lost. The reply wasn't very clear, I'm still none the wiser. I really don't think it's fair if it is a life lost due to not being in assesment conditions. Does anyone have any information on this ? Cheers !

Mgv1349

Last year I failed an online assessment the VSE with virgin. I have contacted OPC to see if that counts as a life lost. The reply wasn't very clear, I'm still none the wiser. I really don't think it's fair if it is a life lost due to not being in assesment conditions. Does anyone have any information on this ? Cheers !
No you don’t lose a life.

Stigy

Established Member

This has been discussed here before and I agree, it’s not clear and certainly shouldn’t count. I always understood that it doesn’t count, but you can’t take one less than 6 months after failing one, even if you apply to another TOC, and if you pass; If the TOC or FOC uses the VSE, that also counts as a pass and is valid for a year I believe?

I was told it didn’t count as a life lost and as far as I’m concerned it’s not part of the train driver psychometric testing. I’ve not been impressed with how unclear the OPC seem to be with things, especially as these assessments are their bread and butter so they should be the gurus with the process, surely?

GG96LFC

Failed an MMI with OPC last year. Bit disappointed as I thought it actually went pretty well. It was absolute hell trying to get feedback from OPC though. Around 20 calls and 10 emails of me asking for feedback, just being passed around each time. OPC rounded it off by saying they only give feedback over the phone, after which they began ignoring my emails and calls. I know that others have only really received vague, generic feedback from the OPC, but considering I’ve only got 1 chance left at the MMI, and I passed every other test and the DMI, I really could do with any feedback possible. Does anyone else have any experience of getting/trying to get feedback from the OPC for an MMI

Twotwo

Leave your contact details. They will get back to you. Took about 3 weeks for them to get back to me

GG96LFC

I did, many times but unfortunately never got anything. I’ll have to just accept I’m not gonna get anything from them. I understand they have lots of people to give feedback to though so it’s quite busy for them

Firestarter

I did, many times but unfortunately never got anything. I’ll have to just accept I’m not gonna get anything from them. I understand they have lots of people to give feedback to though so it’s quite busy for them

Only thing they tell you is which question you failed on and nothing more, they don’t go into any detail why or how you failed it

Twotwo

Only thing they tell you is which question you failed on and nothing more, they don’t go into any detail why or how you failed it

Yes. They will not give u much back, just the q/qs that you failed on. That's it.

GG96LFC

Ah fair enough then. It would still be nice to know because I do feel like the interview went fairly well as a whole. My best bet next time would be to simply add more detail to each answer wherever possible, and also try to sound confident but relaxed when speaking

severussnape

Does anyone know if there is a time period for evidence given in response to an interview question in the MMI ? such as the last 5 year.

crebbs1

No limit, but you need to remember it like it was yesterday, I used one from 7 years ago.

Stigy

Established Member
Does anyone know if there is a time period for evidence given in response to an interview question in the MMI ? such as the last 5 year.
No time limit. Agreed that you need to have vivid recollections of it though. I';d suggest using more recent examples would be beneficial if you have them though.

Tommy222256

Anyone had any issues with GWR letting the six months run out on your computer MMI questions?

Tommy222256

I done my SJT and all assessments in July last year, got called back for a 2nd assessment which i was confused because I’d done them. I get there only to find my SJT had ran out so had to do it again and the sit around whilst other candidates done the computer test for two hours...

Stigy

Established Member
I done my SJT and all assessments in July last year, got called back for a 2nd assessment which i was confused because I’d done them. I get there only to find my SJT had ran out so had to do it again and the sit around whilst other candidates done the computer test for two hours...
Oh right, I assumed the SJT lasted the length of time the MMI did? I assume you only had to take the SJT part of the MMI again?

Tommy222256

No, because the TOC left it so long to get me an MMI it ran out, yeah done the SJT again but out of a 8hr day I done 1hrs work....!!!

Stigy

Established Member
No, because the TOC left it so long to get me an MMI it ran out, yeah done the SJT again but out of a 8hr day I done 1hrs work....!!!
Oh I understand. So you did the SJT on a separate date? Mine was done about 20-minutes before the MMI itself. I assumed it just worked like that.

Tommy222256

Oh I understand. So you did the SJT on a separate date? Mine was done about 20-minutes before the MMI itself. I assumed it just worked like that.
Yeah so it should of been but not sure why they done it the other way round...

SGD5891

Failed an MMI with OPC last year. Bit disappointed as I thought it actually went pretty well. It was absolute hell trying to get feedback from OPC though. Around 20 calls and 10 emails of me asking for feedback, just being passed around each time. OPC rounded it off by saying they only give feedback over the phone, after which they began ignoring my emails and calls. I know that others have only really received vague, generic feedback from the OPC, but considering I’ve only got 1 chance left at the MMI, and I passed every other test and the DMI, I really could do with any feedback possible. Does anyone else have any experience of getting/trying to get feedback from the OPC for an MMI
hi pal, just reading through this post and noticed you failed the MMI at Watford last year, I have mine this Tuesday and was wondering if I could PM you to get bit of info?

Status
Not open for further replies.