• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Multiple Matters Weekend Mid Norfolk Railway 1st & 2nd November 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are holding our Multiple Matters Gala again this year at the Mid Norfolk Railway on Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd November 2014.

The Mid-Norfolk Railway is home to a fleet of Heritage Railcars, some older than some Steam locomotives!. Our Class 101 (3 car) - L836 which has been undergoing restoration, and the newly arrived Class 108 unit which is about to start restoration will be on display, along with members from the East Anglian Railcar Group to help and talk about Railcar restoration.

An intensive service will operate throughout the weekend and we are pleased to welcome the support of East Midlands Trains again who will be running some through services from Norwich with a Class 153 unit visiting the railway. PLEASE NOTE:The through services to and from Norwich DO NOT CALL at Wymondham Mainline station, this is only shown for Network Rail / Train Crew.

Please click the link below for timetable and unit allocations
http://www.mnr.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/MultipleUnitsTimetable.pdf

Ticket Prices (Valid for unlimited travel for 1 day only) :

Adults:
£11.00

Children:
£6.00 Accompanied Children (Maximum of 2) £2.00

Families:
£25.00 Up to 2 adults and 3 children.

Concessions:
£10.00 Seniors and disabled.

MNR Railcard:
£7.50

Dogs or Bikes:
£0.50

NORWICH SUPPLIMENT:
£5.00 per single journey (Wymondham Abbey to Norwich) or (Norwich to Wymondham Abbey)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
This was a good weekend last year, something just a little bit different. If you are in the area get along and enjoy it, the novelty of a Norwich - Dereham train is worth a trip. And we'll done to EMT for supporting an event that is right on the outskirts of their operation.

The last 2 years we have done this Gala it has been a huge success, so anyone who is interested in DMU`s this is the perfect gala for you!

East Midlands Trains have been very good to us over the years at the Mid Norfolk Railway, and again this year are loaning us a DMU, this time it is a class 153.

The first year we put on the gala EMT loaned us 158847, 158770. Then last year EMT loaned us 156403. Unfortunately we don't know until the day which 153 EMT will allocate to us, but on the Saturday morning as soon as I find out I will post the unit number.

The class 153 attaches to a class 158 on the Saturday morning at Nottingham and forms the 0610 Nottingham to Norwich service, on arrival at Norwich the class 153 detaches and then forms the 0917 Norwich to Dereham service.

On the Sunday the class 153 unit forms the 1740 Dereham to Norwich service, where it attaches to a class 158 at Norwich and forms the 1856 Nottingham service.

hjsuffolk14

Hello,

When I went to this weekend a couple of years ago I rode on 158847 from Norwich to Dereham and Return. Yesterday there was a rail movement to Dereham from Norwich. My guess is that it has taken some stock there. Can anyone confirm this?

Henry.

Redrover

East Midlands Trains will again be supporting the MNR's Multiple Matters gala event on 1st & 2nd November and, subject to availability, will provide one of their recently refurbished Class 153 diesel units to operate limited through trains from Norwich to Wymondham Abbey Halt and on to Dereham, providing a rare opportunity to travel over the normally non-passenger carrying section of the MNR between Wymondham South Junction Signalbox at the Mainline Station and Wymondham Abbey Halt.

The normal range of Standard fares will be available for MNR Single & Return trips and if you're staying all day, you'll be pleased to know that a full-line return ticket (£11 Adult) from Wymondham to Dereham is available for unlimited travel on the MNR for the whole day.

In addition to normal MNR journey tickets, a £5 flat fare Supplement for each passenger applies for each single journey made between Norwich and Wymondham Abbey Halt and for each single trip from Abbey Halt to Norwich. (£10 Return in total). There are no discounts for Seniors, Families, Members, Priv Card holders, Children or HRA Members on the Supplementary Tickets.

THE SPECIAL THROUGH SERVICES WILL NOT CALL AT WYMONDHAM MAINLINE STATION FOR PASSENGER PURPOSES IN EITHER DIRECTION AND YOU CANNOT BOARD OR ALIGHT THERE. Wymondham Mainline Station is a 20 minute walk from Wymondham Abbey Halt MNR.

No Advance booking is necessary - the special through trains will operate on a normal service 'turn-up-and-go' basis (subject to seating capacity).
Customers boarding at Norwich should purchase tickets from the MNR staff at trainside or on-board (CASH payments only accepted). Normal National Rail tickets/passes/railcards etc. are NOT valid on the special through trains, nor on the MNR.

Timetable details for the weekend are available on the MNR website here:

http://www.mnr.org.uk/events/multiple-matters-weekend-2014-11-01/

Last edited:

tom1681

Hello,

When I went to this weekend a couple of years ago I rode on 158847 from Norwich to Dereham and Return. Yesterday there was a rail movement to Dereham from Norwich. My guess is that it has taken some stock there. Can anyone confirm this?

Henry.

I think this was a move of something from Crown Point that was to continue it's journey by road. MNR at Dereham have the facility to transfer rail vehicles from track to lorry.

The class 153 EMT train is supplying is (153381).
Its currently on its way to Norwich with 158773 running on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.