• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Multiple platform branding

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBuchananGB

At Romford platform 1 is branded London Overground, while platforms 2, 3, 4 & 5 are TFL (Crossrail/Elizabeth line). I wondered whether the independent branding of platforms happens at other places too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
At Romford platform 1 is branded London Overground, while platforms 2, 3, 4 & 5 are TFL (Crossrail/Elizabeth line). I wondered whether the independent branding of platforms happens at other places too.
Yes it can, but it certainly isn’t consistent everywhere. There was a bit of discussion about TfL‘s policies in the Crossrail thread recently (about here and just before): https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...ss-towards-opening.211880/page-7#post-5124559

mmh

Established Member
Outside TFL, the platforms at Clapham Junction have London Overground, South Western Railway and Southern branded platform signs.

Aictos

Established Member
Abbey Wood is a classic example as you've got Southeastern signage on the NR platforms served by Thameslink and Southeastern while you have Elizabeth line signage on the Elizabeth line platforms.

NSE

Established Member
Are Southern and SWR different at Clapham? I thought it was all blue?

mmh

Established Member
Are Southern and SWR different at Clapham? I thought it was all blue?

The Southern platforms are Green (or at least were last I was there, admittedly about two years ago)

LeeLivery

Established Member
The Southern platforms are Green (or at least were last I was there, admittedly about two years ago)

They're definitely all blue with platform numbers rather than zones. Pretty sure LO platforms are too.

David Goddard

Established Member
Have not seen them, but would assume that this is quite common where LO has dedicated platforms at a station mainly used by another TOC.
LO certainly want to make their brand known.
Examples being bays at Watford Junction and Cheshunt.

SynthD

The two halves of Clapham are pretty obvious, even down to the stairs and announcement voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.