• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My fares have disappeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM2

Established Member
A group of us travel from STP to NOT every Good Friday (1oth April this year).
About three weeks ago, there were Advance singles available for £9. All of a sudden, they've disappeared and the cheapest fare is £53...
Last year, there were Advances avaialble until about a week beforehand.

So, have they really all gone? Or have they been withdrawn for some reason?

STP Ticket Office weren't able to shed any light...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam.C

Although there are no £9 advance tickets, the 05:59 is £14 single and returning on the 18:34 is £23 single.

Total: £37

Established Member
Possibly EMT have a blanket ban on cheap tickets as they will be taking plenty of passengers vice WCML as it is closed for most of easter (although remember NR and Virgin say it is finished, obviously)

Worth trying East Coast via Grantham?

ashworth

Established Member
I had the same problem with trying to book from St Pancras to Nottingham on the Saturday after Easter (18th April). On Friday they were there for £9 and then by Saturday morning they had disappeared. Fortunately they appeared again on Saturday afternoon and so I quickly booked one.

I couldn't get anything with EMT for my journey down on Easter Sunday and so I booked via Grantham to Kings Cross at £14. I often find that even when EMT only have AP fares left at at the more expensive prices of £18 and £22 you can often get fares via Grantham much cheaper, even only a few weeks before travelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.