• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My idea for all diesel MML trains to be non stop London to Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT 390

Established Member
Just keep the current timetable, it works well for the most part.
Does it?
Don't trains (for destinations North) leave within 10 mins of each other, then nothing for 40 mins?

I always liked the old timetable of fast services interweaved with slower services, where fast services overtook the slower ones at two points. One was Leicester.
I'm sure the fast Nottingham arrived and met with the slow Derby. Then it happened the other way round, Fast Sheffield met with the slow Nottingham.
I don't think having services overtaken from places like Sheffield and Nottingham is a good idea because if one is late it will likely cause more delays to the other.
However I think the current timetable is not good enougth especially having no services from Kettering/Wellingborough to Bedford in the peaks and off-peak the services to Bedford, Wellingborough and Kettering not being at 30 minute frequency's.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.