• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My idea for Grand Central to create bi mode sets for their Bradford service

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about running 90+mk 4 sets on the Bradford-kings cross service and replace DVT with a class 67 then you have a bi-mode set

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
how about running 90+mk 4 sets on the Bradford-kings cross service and replace DVT with a class 67 then you have a bi-mode set
Not really a bi-mode it's just top and tail. Very expensive. If they wanted bimodes the cheapest way at the moment would be to buy something like an 80x

Boo_

On Moderation
They be better putting the 90s on the other route with class 67 for the non-powered bits into Sunderland

Energy

Established Member
Either, keep the 180s (I doubt GC are going to spend much money right now), order 80Xs or an equivelent bimode train which can go to other operators easily if GC go bust or just drag a class 90 mk4 set with a 67 from the front.

Backroom_boy

Either, keep the 180s (I doubt GC are going to spend much money right now), order 80Xs or an equivelent bimode train...

Apart from 80x's and 755 Flirts, what are the other comparable bi-mode classes? Are all suppliers proposing their own version?

Journeyman

Established Member
Apart from 80x's and 755 Flirts, what are the other comparable bi-mode classes? Are all suppliers proposing their own version?

Bombardier have offered a bi-mode Aventra, but no-one seems interested in taking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.