• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My idea to run services from Cheltenham to Paddington

Status
Not open for further replies.

SN1 19-5

If I was going to run a service on gwr, I'd run the Cheltenham - Padds.

This gets battered every single time gwr have a problem. They would probably pay me to take if off their hands!

Can I do it?....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SN1 19-5

How could I do this?

my plan. Don't stop East of Swindon. if hangers on from West of Swindon want to get off them orrible iep trains and get onto a comfy seat train (with a buffet) I will charge them a set fee one way. IF my train isn't booked up. If waywards need to get to Didcot/reading, they can get off at Swindon. And catch an inferior train.

Haulage? Has to be some sort of Electric/ Diseasel hybrid with a DVT at one end (to start) If things get rosy, I will have push/pull locos!

Coaching stock? Probably some mark 1 table stock with 125mph running stuff. Me is not bovvered about capacity. Me likes qualitea!

I would be interested to see how many people got off a Padd train at Swindon and onto my Paddington (non stop from Swindon)!

Status
Not open for further replies.