• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My personal fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp4712

I’ve wanted to take this photo for a while - it’s my own personal fleet, Rochdale Corporation 235 of 1951 and North Western 299 of 1968. They live 20-odd miles apart and while 235 is finished, 299 is not as good as it looks here (I’d just washed it) and was on its first test run after a thorough and expensive overhaul of its cooling system.

Both lovely to drive but in different ways!

Click on the photo to see a bigger size version on Flickr.

My fleet, December 2018 by Paul Williams, on Flickr

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nighthawke

Not "into" buses as such but I do appreciate a good looking vintage vehicle and those are two very nice ones. Takes me back to my childhood...

Busaholic

Veteran Member
The Regent is East Lancs, and the RE is Marshall.
The Marshall bodywork was very in favour with many BET companies at the time, but the RE chassis less so!

The livery style of the Regent is reminiscent of Kingston-upon-Hull, with those swirls!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Both lovely machines, I’m not old enough to remember the AEC one still in service. But the single decker brings back memories.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I’ve wanted to take this photo for a while - it’s my own personal fleet, Rochdale Corporation 235 of 1951 and North Western 299 of 1968. They live 20-odd miles apart and while 235 is finished, 299 is not as good as it looks here (I’d just washed it) and was on its first test run after a thorough and expensive overhaul of its cooling system.

Both lovely to drive but in different ways!

Click on the photo to see a bigger size version on Flickr.

My fleet, December 2018 by Paul Williams, on Flickr

Very nice!

Blackpudding

Thanks jp4712 for the memories of 235 and similar on the short 17's to Castleton and the short 21's to Marland. Great buses although my favourites were the Daimler CVG6 that made up the next delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.