• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My train was about 1hor late yesterday - is there any way to see exactly how late?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYPODERMIC

Hey guys, first time poster here, but I've been lurking for a fair few months now. I've got a question to ask.

Yesterday (Sunday the 13th of February 2011) I made a journey from Birmingham New Street to Bristol Temple Meads on a CrossCountry HST (I've never seen an XC HST before, I thought they only used Voyagers!), but it arrived about an hour late. As you'll probably know, I may be entitled to either a 50% refund or a 100% refund, depending on whether it was 30-59 minutes late or 60+ minutes late.

Unfortunately, despite searching both the National Rail website and these forums, I can't seem to find a way to check yesterday's departures and arrivals, so I can't see which degree of refund I'm entitled to as I don't know which delay category I actually fall under. The Delay Repay form doesn't leave much room for ambiguity and I don't want to look as if I'm trying to claim a bigger refund from XC than I'm actually entitled to.

I'm a numpty; I should have made a note of the arrival time when I got off my train, but I totally forgot. I can barely remember the details of the service! I believe was supposed to depart Birmingham New Street at 1024 - platform 11, if I remember correctly? - with arrival at Bristol Temple Meads scheduled at 1236, which, as I say, was in actuality much closer to 1336ish. Is anyone out there able to help me out here?

Thanks in advance guys - I appreciate any help you can offer. Sorry for the multiple edits to this post - I accidentally hit the enter button on my keyboard with only a sentence on the page. Whoops!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dai.

Established Member
I don't think you can personally see how late it was, unless someone yesterday was on it, using it, or took notes on the service.

If you are out and about on the day you can keep track via the mobile website for National Rail or Traintracker.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you had asked yesterday you'd have got a definitive answer, but there are very few people here with access to see what happened yesterday.

Obviously the TOC will know the delay so just send in the claim (with an approximate time - put approx on it) and see what they say, you'll have to trust them to give you the right discount ;)

I doubt any TOC is going to moan at people who put an approximate time and didn't log the exact time.

HYPODERMIC

If you had asked yesterday you'd have got a definitive answer, but there are very few people here with access to see what happened yesterday.

Obviously the TOC will know the delay so just send in the claim (with an approximate time - put approx on it) and see what they say, you'll have to trust them to give you the right discount ;)

I doubt any TOC is going to moan at people who put an approximate time and didn't log the exact time.
Yeah, I only got back into the flat at 2200 yesterday and was absolutely exhausted. A fair point, though - I'll bear it in mind for future reference.

I'm just going to put "approximately 1 hour" like you suggest - if they check things and see it was 55 minutes, then that's fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.