• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My trip on the Devon metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervyn72

Currently on holiday in Devon and I'd like to take train to Dawlish Warren from Totnes changing at Newton Abbot then enjoy walk along sea wall back to Teignmouth. The wife isn't keen on using the train as she thinks it may be crowded. Does anyone know what the loading is like and what is diagrammed on the mid morning/late afternoon metro services

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Currently on holiday in Devon and I'd like to take train to Dawlish Warren from Totnes changing at Newton Abbot then enjoy walk along sea wall back to Teignmouth. The wife isn't keen on using the train as she thinks it may be crowded. Does anyone know what the loading is like and what is diagrammed on the mid morning/late afternoon metro services

The Dawlish part would be pairs of 150+143 or 150x2 working between Exmouth and Paignton all day. A 158 could turn up though. The Totnes part could be 8xx IET, Castle HST or 158

irish_rail

Established Member
If you are looking at tomorrow I'd say the trains shouldn't be too bad due to the poor weather forecast, but by friday anything and everything may well be very busy when the sun comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.