• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mystery train through Yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire222

Hi. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this train is?
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H24470/2019-11-20/detailed

It's been running nightly for the last few weeks. My flat overlooks the Shipley - Guiseley line and though it's difficult to identify as there's next to no lighting (it was running past at about 23:45 but the time has shifted now) it seems to be a pair of 20s with 2 or 3 wagons or coaches inbetween. There's no lights as you'd expect from some sort of inspection train so I've been wondering what it it's for.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

brad465

Established Member
If they're class 20s they are likely to be a Direct Rail services' working, which in autumn could be doing rail cleaning.

Bantamzen

Established Member
It could be the train they use to spray and clean the railhead of leaf mulch.

Is the correct answer! :D

If they're class 20s they are likely to be a Direct Rail services' working, which in autumn could be doing rail cleaning.

I've been passed at Baildon a few times by this when they've run late, and they've generally been worked by a pair of 66s, although yesterday a 37 was paired with a 66.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Hi. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this train is?
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H24470/2019-11-20/detailed

It's been running nightly for the last few weeks. My flat overlooks the Shipley - Guiseley line and though it's difficult to identify as there's next to no lighting (it was running past at about 23:45 but the time has shifted now) it seems to be a pair of 20s with 2 or 3 wagons or coaches inbetween. There's no lights as you'd expect from some sort of inspection train so I've been wondering what it it's for.

it will be one of the RHTT trains that spray leaf debris off the track. These ones run on a circuit out of York.

Status
Not open for further replies.