• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nameless stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Peartree station (just outside Derby for those of you who may have missed it ) has no signage visible from the train to indicate where it is, in fact only a small 'Way Out' sign on one platform is enough to suggest to most people that the station is still open. The place really is a 'blink and you'll miss it' station.

Anybody else know of any other NR stations that are apparently 'nameless' from a passing train?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

william

Established Member
Dunston, Teeside airport (that isnt even its name anymore), allens west, chathill, BS Redcar, Witton Park might are other poorly served stations, but all have name signs probs, but with a name like peartree do you blame them?

Gizmogle

Established Member
Hmmm...from what I could see, Sugar Loaf Halt on the HoW line never had any station name signs.

william

Established Member
Yeah another stupid name:)

Unlike Gizmogle, which is an interesting name. May i ask how you came up with such an unusual name?

Dunston, Teeside airport (that isnt even its name anymore), allens west, chathill, BS Redcar, Witton Park might are other poorly served stations, but all have name signs probs, but with a name like peartree do you blame them?

All of those, as far as im aware have station signs except BS Redcar, not sure on that one.

william

Established Member
Yes i know, i was getting confused with another thread. They are still 'blink and you'll miss it' stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.