• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Express Compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pitdiver

As a former employee of NX I don't recognise the company Your Bus. Can anybody advise me which routes Your Bus operated. It may then mean something then.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
As a former employee of NX I don't recognise the company Your Bus.

The plate name was Dunn Motor Traction, and they ran some stuff out of their depot in the East Midlands before running some stuff out of a depot in Bradford.

The Bradford drivers all went on strike because they were getting paid much less than the Midlands drivers, and then reliability plummeted so far that NatEx recalled the contract.

pitdiver

The plate name was Dunn Motor Traction, and they ran some stuff out of their depot in the East Midlands before running some stuff out of a depot in Bradford.

The Bradford drivers all went on strike because they were getting paid much less than the Midlands drivers, and then reliability plummeted so far that NatEx recalled the contract.

Make sense now. Did they not at one time operate the 230 service.

YourBus do still exist and operate from a depot in Heanor. They do a lot of contract work for Derbyshire County Council, some school work and a few commercial services in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.

There was a thread on here documenting their decline and fall in the NX arena.

I sometimes wonder why NX haven't brought more work in house. I would have thought that would improve quality control, reduce the risk of YourBus style debacles and probably take some cost out.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

I sometimes wonder why NX haven't brought more work in house. I would have thought that would improve quality control, reduce the risk of YourBus style debacles and probably take some cost out.

The debacles are fairly rare and the cost savings are outweighed by cash flow and the costs of setting up their own depots. Much easier and more flexible to not have that

anthony263

Established Member
I drive NX coaches between Cardiff and London for Edwards coaches and have found NX to be very quick to sort out any compensation for passengers if required as well as any taxi's or seats onboard an alternative service.

Luckily I think many of the older NX coaches are being withdrawn from the network now as the newer 14/64/15/65/16 plate levantes are introduced. These coaches do take a pounding as they are practically on the go 24/7 with a lot of millage

Status
Not open for further replies.