• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Rail Enquiries stopped showing platform information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minstral25

Established Member
I've noted that recently along the Brighton main line that National Rail Enquiries have stopped providing platform information. As someone who uses East Croydon a lot (the station with no useful passenger information) this has massively increased the stress of changing trains or finding your train.

Is this a policy decision or inadequacy of the computer systems?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
Neither. The functionality has been pulled from various apps and a couple of websites due to a system upgrade. The information should be restored later this year.

Minstral25

Established Member
Neither. The functionality has been pulled from various apps and a couple of websites due to a system upgrade. The information should be restored later this year.

Thanks

That's not a lot of use along the Brighton Main line when most things are broken and changes constant disrupting passengers due to LBG works, especially at places like East Croydon which has been worse than London Bridge in the last 9 months.

Does any manager in the rail business actually think through all the implications of these changes to their customers or does the old adage "we run trains, customers get in the way" still apply?

Carntyne

Thanks

That's not a lot of use along the Brighton Main line when most things are broken and changes constant disrupting passengers due to LBG works, especially at places like East Croydon which has been worse than London Bridge in the last 9 months.

Does any manager in the rail business actually think through all the implications of these changes to their customers or does the old adage "we run trains, customers get in the way" still apply?

There's more on this thread with an explanation. http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2277334

Carntyne

Thank you - I wouldn't have found that thread as Darwin means nothing to me. Good explanation

That's OK. A bit of short term pain for long term improvements!

No one I've ever met in the industry wants to cause passengers hassle without good reason! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.