• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Routeing Guide maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwlMan

Established Member
For those of you that like to look at the NRG offline and/or prefer pdf maps I have updated my maps to include the recent changes made. A copy is attached. Please note that this is an unofficial document.
Changes have been made to maps AA, DA, DS, EC, EG, FD, FK, GD, GG, GS, HA, IE, KG, KI, NG, NS, RB, RE, RF, RH, RJ, RL, RM, RO, RP, RV, RW, RX, RY, TU, YA, YG, YI, YS

Attachments

• web copy 4 12 2014.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Cheers for doing that, very useful. I still can't get on with the online maps. I wish there was a way to switch off the geographical map layer and simply show the names of the routeing points instead.

kieron

Established Member
For those of you that like to look at the NRG offline and/or prefer pdf maps I have updated my maps to include the recent changes made. A copy is attached. Please note that this is an unofficial document.
Changes have been made to maps AA, DA, DS, EC, EG, FD, FK, GD, GG, GS, HA, IE, KG, KI, NG, NS, RB, RE, RF, RH, RJ, RL, RM, RO, RP, RV, RW, RX, RY, TU, YA, YG, YI, YS
Thanks for updating those. There have been quite a lot of changes in the last couple of weeks, with Kirkcaldy changing, new routes via Lewisham and Beckenham.

I do have a few suggestions for further improvements, though:

There are no links between Carlisle and Newcastle from GG, KG and NG since June, but these are shown on the current on-line maps. The map files show routes from Newcastle-Carlisle on these, but not ones from Carlisle-Newcastle, so perhaps this has affected things. I interpreted this as being something to treat the route as being allowed in either direction as the map interface doesn't show subtle things like this. I feel it should be shown in some way, however you interpret the maps.

While it's not a new change, KM, MG and MX don't have the link you've shown between Salford Crescent and Wigan. This means that someone travelling from Manchester to Bamber Bridge can't use the Southport train.

And is there any way you could put the map names in the index thing in the PDF? It would make it easier to find a specific map.
Cheers for doing that, very useful. I still can't get on with the online maps. I wish there was a way to switch off the geographical map layer and simply show the names of the routeing points instead.
I suppose the only way would be to download the maps and look at them in a third party program. I don't have any suggestions for that, though.

OwlMan

Established Member
Updated file including corrections for above.
I have started a new index, when complete I will post an updated file

Attachments

• D-unof 20141204.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 26

kieron

Established Member
Updated file including corrections for above.
I have started a new index, when complete I will post an updated file
Thanks for making those changes. I wouldn't worry about the index thing if it's any trouble, as the search function finds most of the maps easily enough (although ones like EM are a bit trickier).

OwlMan

Established Member
I have updated the maps again for the latest changes.

The Carlisle - Newcastle situation has been corrected and deleted correctly.
Maps DE, FN, RA have been adjusted to show routes that both go via Lewisham & avoid Lewisham.
Map GL Sleaford - Grantham removed
Map KY Selby - Leeds removed
Map WM Watford - Bletchley Removed.

Attachments

• D-unof 20150109.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.