• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Need to collect and expired ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsuess

Hi, can anyone help?

I booked two single tickets - one from Crewe to London and one from London to Crewe, via trainline. I opted to collect the tix from the Fastticket machine. The meeting was cancelled the morning I was due to travel and, as I couldn't transfer the ticket I did nothing.
I can claim for the tickets through my works expenses but because I didn't go to the station, I didn't collect them.
Is there anyway I can get the tickets/receipt so that I can submit my claim?

Many Thanks in advance

:D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Tickets are kept in the fastticket machine for quite sometime so aslong as you take the card you used to buy the tickets id imagine you can get your tickets

glynn80

Established Member
Tickets are kept in the fastticket machine for quite sometime so aslong as you take the card you used to buy the tickets id imagine you can get your tickets

Failing this, the OP should have received an email confirmation from theTrainline on making their booking.

This confirmation outlines the booking you have made, the cost of the booking and the booking reference number. These together should be sufficient for an expenses form especially considering that, these days, with many stations being "barriered", many tickets are sequestered by the barriers themselves and not returned to the customer if they have reached their destination.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you have not yet collected them you can get a refund from Thetrainline minus 10 pound admin fee automatically and it's quick to process. But if you collect them then it takes ages as you have to send them off to their office (Dingall I think!), it can take weeks.

djw1981

Established Member
Yup, trainline admin is Dingwall and ticket printing is in Gorgie in Edinburgh, or was when Ilast got some through the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.