• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Advanced Apprenticeship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack_clarke

Just had a phone call from the Glasgow office to go in with my passport. (My passport was expired at the assessment centre three weeks ago) don't know if I'm maybe getting my hopes up but why would they need that trees weeks later unless they maybe had an intention of offering me something ? Here's hoping

Hopefully thats good news mate. Received and filled out my DBS form today, let me know if you hear anything, i've heard people are backing out right up to the day before so theres a decent chance I reckon.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi guys,
Just a quick update. I received an email from NR with a list of vacancies out with the 1 hour zone. I replied and told them I have the financial bàcking to relocate to Inverness for the rest of the apprenticeship after the 6 months in Westwood and it is something I could definitely do. I've been told they will be in touch shortly. I am wondering if there is anyone in a similar situation or anyone on the course just now who has relocated ? Also what do NR look for for guarantees ?

MichaelWells

I couldnt get a place within an hour of where I lived, 4 years ago, I ended up relocating to Newcastle from Great Yarmouth, and then at the end of the apprenticeship to Derby as there wasnt any jobs in Newcastle either

I couldnt get a place within an hour of where I lived, 4 years ago, I ended up relocating to Newcastle from Great Yarmouth, and then at the end of the apprenticeship to Derby as there wasnt any jobs in Newcastle either

Did they give you any help ? Also do you think they would expect me to move there before going to Westwood an leave empty accommodation for 6 months ?

MichaelWells

Because I moved on my own accord they didn't.

If I was in the reserves list and a position came up away from home, they would have funded some of the rent

ZombieLaydee

On my way to my first day at depot as I type this. Plenty of people on this cohort which was the first westwood lot have relocated a fair distance. They will not ask you to move in beforehand, one lad I know didnt have a definite new home til about a week before we left. They trust that you will sort yourself out. Got some guys commuting a considerable distance as well. Good luck to you all, feel free to quiz me on anything, If I dont know Ill try ask my manager or admin team. The people you speak to prior to the assessment centre are a recruitment company and as such their knowledge of the scheme is limited in some areas.

lensgirl

Hi

my son has completed the online bits and it said that his next stage is telephone interview. Does that mean he passed the online stage, or does it just say that and they will be in touch about a telephone interview if he has passed?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.