• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Apprenticeship

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyNG

Hello RailUKForum members!

I've been casually looking at this forum for the past few months and finally signed up for some help on a subject...

I recently did the online tests for the apprenticeship and got my results back and they weren't good. I just panicked and my mind went blank

I was just wondering has anyone had bad marks on these tests but were still asked to come into for assessment/interview or would be application be basically declined now?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Andy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ZombieLaydee

Hi Andy :)

Im a current apprentice on the NR scheme, im the cohort that has just left westwood training. Unfortunately there are literally thousands of applicants for the apprenticeship and the competition as such is pretty fierce. The online tests are something you must be up to scratch on, however be aware that what you think is a bad score might not be as bad as you think, the tests are designed to push you as far as possible. I know I thought I did badly but apparently my result was anything but.

My advice to you is to not lose hope regardless of this result because if they have refused you then you can apply again and they encourage people to do so! It shows commitment afterall and with two cohorts a year now there's much more opportunity. Revise the tests using the link they give in the email, keep practising them and you will get better and most importantly more confident (take it from a fellow panicker!) Hopefully youve misinterpreted the result but if not try and take it as a lesson and dont beat yourself up because youll have the advantage over other candidates next time.

Best of luck, if you make it through this time then great! If not then dust yourself off and try again, you owe it to yourself to keep going. Let us know either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.