• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network rail apprenticeship

Status
Not open for further replies.

George93

Hi, I am looking for help. I have been placed on a reserve list for Septembers intake of apprentices 6 days after attending the assessment centre and would like to know what the chances are of receiving an offer or whether it is just a polite way of saying thanks but no thanks.. Cheers for your help in advance

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Maggz9

What exactly did your email say? My son was on the same assessment as you I think in Exeter? He also got put on the reserve list and is devastated

George93

What exactly did your email say? My son was on the same assessment as you I think in Exeter? He also got put on the reserve list and is devastated

To summarise it said that they can't offer me a definite place on the scheme yet, however they want to keep my details and put me on a reserve list. It then went on and said that hopefully they can bring my application to a good ending for me and said that if I log in I can get feedback however my account on the website hasn't been updated yet so I shall give them a ring tomorrow and see if they can shed any light.. I'm also very very disappointed but I do feel like theres still a chance of reserves getting the job and fingers crossed me and your son get lucky with it. Good luck to him and if I find any new info ill let you know.

Maggz9

To summarise it said that they can't offer me a definite place on the scheme yet, however they want to keep my details and put me on a reserve list. It then went on and said that hopefully they can bring my application to a good ending for me and said that if I log in I can get feedback however my account on the website hasn't been updated yet so I shall give them a ring tomorrow and see if they can shed any light.. I'm also very very disappointed but I do feel like theres still a chance of reserves getting the job and fingers crossed me and your son get lucky with it. Good luck to him and if I find any new info ill let you know.
Thank you George, sound as if you were sent exactly the same information....fingers crossed all goes in both your favours

Kakapo

Hi, I am looking for help. I have been placed on a reserve list for Septembers intake of apprentices 6 days after attending the assessment centre and would like to know what the chances are of receiving an offer or whether it is just a polite way of saying thanks but no thanks.. Cheers for your help in advance
Hi George, have you called them? What did they say? I’m in the same situation at all though I’m in the graduate scheme reserve list. From my assessment centre, a guy currently works there said he was on the reserve list last year and he received the phone call in June. I don’t know the chance of this.

Kakapo

I asked them about more information before, but the answe was not clear.
“We are sorry to hear you didn't receive an offer from us following your assessment centre. We do contact candidates on our reserve list to make an offer but are unable to provide numbers as it would depend on how many candidates decide to decline their offers from us between now and start date. We would obviously prefer that successful candidates don't change their mind but we understand that it is sometimes unavoidable. We would contact candidates in order of performance at the assessment centres. Kind Regards, Network Rail Careers”

So it will be in order of performance... I just hope I rank at the very top on that list. In my scheme, current offer holders will join an initial meet up at some time in June. I guess NWR will find out who finally quit and call the people on he list?
I have been very devastated.

alxndr

Established Member
It isn't unheard of for people on the reserve list to be offered places - I was in your situation back in 2013, and there were a fair few others in my cohort who had also been reserves, although obviously its impossible to say how many people had been on the reserve list who hadn't been offered a position.

Have a back up plan in place incase you don't get an offer, but don't you don't need to lose all hope at this stage either. You've done well to even get a spot on the reserve list!

Sinistah

Was the role for a signaller? Just trying to find out what the attention testvand multitasking tests are all about.

George93

I asked them about more information before, but the answe was not clear.
“We are sorry to hear you didn't receive an offer from us following your assessment centre. We do contact candidates on our reserve list to make an offer but are unable to provide numbers as it would depend on how many candidates decide to decline their offers from us between now and start date. We would obviously prefer that successful candidates don't change their mind but we understand that it is sometimes unavoidable. We would contact candidates in order of performance at the assessment centres. Kind Regards, Network Rail Careers”

So it will be in order of performance... I just hope I rank at the very top on that list. In my scheme, current offer holders will join an initial meet up at some time in June. I guess NWR will find out who finally quit and call the people on he list?
I have been very devastated.

Hi, yes I rang them booked the feedback which is tomorrow, I asked about the reserve list and the man said that basically I had passed the assessment centre but somebody else who went for the same job in the same place (track first choice, signal second choice) got more points than me..from what I gather we all got points scored at the centre and I believe should a position become available the reserve with the most points in that location will receive the offer...I don't know how I stand in points etc and don't think this is something you can find out. Just got to wait and find out I think, Hope that helps

Kakapo

Hi, yes I rang them booked the feedback which is tomorrow, I asked about the reserve list and the man said that basically I had passed the assessment centre but somebody else who went for the same job in the same place (track first choice, signal second choice) got more points than me..from what I gather we all got points scored at the centre and I believe should a position become available the reserve with the most points in that location will receive the offer...I don't know how I stand in points etc and don't think this is something you can find out. Just got to wait and find out I think, Hope that helps
Thank you and good luck

Maggz9

Has anyone heard anything? My son is traveling Europe at the moment but not heard from networkrail.

John robson

I’ve revived an offer just waiting on the pre-employment checks just wondering what these checks consist off

Status
Not open for further replies.