• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Customer Service Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

route101

Established Member
Hi all - been having a nosey at all your posts as I have an assessment at Larbet on Wednesday 28th.
Really hoping I do well as from what I've been reading it seems like fun.

Hopefully I'll make it and cya all soon

Wullie
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Has anyone attended the assessment day recently or should I say more recently than David?
I noticed that my invite said interview/assessment so was wondering if it has changed?

I hope it is as I cannot wait to get started (as long as I do well of course)

Wullie

I had my assessment today and in my invite email it said assessment next to format . Assessment wasn't too taxing but i did learn that its for both Edinburgh and Glasgow .

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Davidj1178

I had my assessment today and in my invite email it said assessment next to format . Assessment wasn't too taxing but i did learn that its for both Edinburgh and Glasgow .

how did it go? was it like the one i done whth watching video clips etc?

route101

Established Member

how did it go? was it like the one i done whth watching video clips etc?

Yeah went well , video clips of the guy in st pancras , the photo and the incident !

Lady said we should receive an email at the end of the week.

Davidj1178

excellent

one thing I will say though - badger their HR people as much as you can, cause they are absolutely useless and take weeks and weeks to get back to you unless you are on at them constantly.

I am meant to be starting in less than 2 weeks and they still haven't confirmed my start date officially!!!

route101

Established Member
excellent

one thing I will say though - badger their HR people as much as you can, cause they are absolutely useless and take weeks and weeks to get back to you unless you are on at them constantly.

I am meant to be starting in less than 2 weeks and they still haven't confirmed my start date officially!!!

Ok , you said it was a long process :D Im a wee bit worried about the incident question , i may have written too much ,who knows .

You must be excited about starting anyway!

Davidj1178

better than too little!

the important thing was not to write down the information that was irrelevant - ie about it being a wet day etc

Davidj1178

I think as long as you get all the important bits then you will be fine :)

Were there many at your assessment?

there were 6 people at mine, and all of them got through to interview stage

route101

Established Member
I think as long as you get all the important bits then you will be fine :)

Were there many at your assessment?

there were 6 people at mine, and all of them got through to interview stage

There 7 including me . The lady said there was 3 positions going .

Davidj1178

there were 3 jobs for mine too.

my online status has now changed from "pre employment checks underway"

to being completely blank

so either its all sorted, or they have changed their mind :D

MrThompson

Hey guys

I've been invited to an assessment centre for the customer service role in Birmingham new street (no date as to when yet), what should I expect and any tips for the interview? anyone know what the shift patterns are like?

route101

Established Member
Good news , passed assessment. Waiting now to hear back and then the hard part !

Davidj1178

Good news , passed assessment. Waiting now to hear back and then the hard part !

Yes!! result!

well done!

The interview wasn't as bad as I imagined. Was just two people and some fairly standard questions about "have you ever faced a difficult customer - how did you deal with it" etc.

all basic customer service orientated questions.

17290643.jpg

Mullen3219

Yo yeah i have passed assesment part as well i think. The email basically says i will be onto the final stage when a role becomes available. So i am assuming this is good news. Did you get simialr email. On network rail careers page status is application under consideration for assessment 2

route101

Established Member
Yo yeah i have passed assesment part as well i think. The email basically says i will be onto the final stage when a role becomes available. So i am assuming this is good news. Did you get simialr email. On network rail careers page status is application under consideration for assessment 2

Yeah i got the same email .I wonder what Assessment 2 is:roll:

Davidj1178

well done guys. assessment 2 is the interview.

2 days till i finish up in my current job!

NorthOxford

Hey

I passed the assessment as well and my 'status' now states assessment two. Anyone else here going for a job at 'London managed stations'?

Davidj1178

Hi guys

sorry for the short reply last night was posting from my phone

for me, the next stages were as follows:

Under consideration for Assessment 2

Assessment 2 scheduled

Assessment 2 completed

Formal Offer Sent

Formal Offer Accepted - Pre Employment Checks Underway

route101

Established Member
Hi guys

sorry for the short reply last night was posting from my phone

for me, the next stages were as follows:

Under consideration for Assessment 2

Assessment 2 scheduled

Assessment 2 completed

Formal Offer Sent

Formal Offer Accepted - Pre Employment Checks Underway

I still haven't heard back from Network Rail ! Have you started yet?:lol:

Davidj1178

Hello, apologies for the delay in replying!

been in the job for about 6 weeks now and loving it!

route101

Established Member

Great to hear! Im still on hold , i sent an email last week and had no reply . Time to get on he blower !

chilli_palmer

anybody going for interview for Customer services assistant for the london stations next week??

could you share how your interview process was plz

route101

Established Member
anybody going for interview for Customer services assistant for the london stations next week??

could you share how your interview process was plz

Have been to the Assessment Centre?

chilli_palmer

no its next week ..but i was given no details just to turn up ....is it a group assessment? or is it interview ...and i think its the assessment centre.......do u know what i should expect or anybody else been thru these stages

route101

Established Member
no its next week ..but i was given no details just to turn up ....is it a group assessment? or is it interview ...and i think its the assessment centre.......do u know what i should expect or anybody else been thru these stages

I had my assessment at Larbert , it was watching a vid then answering questions on the video clips . I passed but im on hold with regards to moving onto the next stage which i assume is an interview .

BHXDMT

I had my assessment at Larbert , it was watching a vid then answering questions on the video clips . I passed but im on hold with regards to moving onto the next stage which i assume is an interview .

How long was it before you heard whether you'd passed or not?

3 and a bit weeks since my assessment in Birmingham and no word on whether I've passed. They did say "don't be surprised if it's a couple of weeks" but...

route101

Established Member
How long was it before you heard whether you'd passed or not?

3 and a bit weeks since my assessment in Birmingham and no word on whether I've passed. They did say "don't be surprised if it's a couple of weeks" but...

It was a week for me , im still waiting to go to the next stage .

Status
Not open for further replies.