• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Helicopters

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertd

I know little or nothing about the running of the railway, but I do have curiosity about it.

I am very close to the Brighton Line and at fairly regular intervals see Network Rail flying a helicopter along the line, a few hundred feet up, presumably inspecting the line in some way.

I am curious to know, in general terms, what they are likely to be looking for and what special kit they might carry to assist in the task.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

albertd

Many thanks for that. Just what I was looking for and couched in the sort of gentle language that meant that I could understand most of what they were talking about.

so much like the CEGB / National grid have used helos for inspecting the 132 kv grid and supergrid ...

Status
Not open for further replies.