• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail seek former signallers

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrior33

What is a “LOM Response”? I have heard of that role (along with Relief LOM) but it is not something we have in my part of the world. Is it a LOM without any line management responsibilities? Must be a great job if so.

I have recently been having dreams about being back on the panel. I have done some refresher training and am actually looking forward to it in an odd sort of way.

As Godfreycomplex mentioned it’s a role specifically managing MOMs. I had 33 in total including Crossing Keepers but within my patch there was 2 x LOMs covering two sides of an IECC and another 2 x LOMs covering signallers and MOMs at two smaller IECCs.

Second best job I ever had and I regret leaving it!! Never wanted to be a signalling LOM as I had done the signalling side and wanted to cover the response elements, had some great times out with the team I had.

Interestingly regarding the Heritage, below is a link which appears to back up the claims regarding Heritage at NR boxes, although it does state roles identified by NR (don’t ask how I come across it because even I don’t know! Genuinely have no interest in this sort of thing bar history).

https://heritagerailwaysassociation.formstack.com/forms/hra_covid_19_signalling_personnel

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LOM

Interesting. I have a mix of signallers and MOMs. We do not have enough MOMs round here to need separate management.

The Lad

I wonder if any heritage lines responded, it could be a way of reducing staff payments but if Network Rail wanted to keep them when heritage gets to start running again.
Tricky.

MOM67

Interesting. I have a mix of signallers and MOMs. We do not have enough MOMs round here to need separate management.

Quite a few around the North West area --known as ILOM (Incident LOM) and only manage MOMs

Status
Not open for further replies.