• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Track Design Apprenticeship - Star Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph_Locke

Established Member
Within earshot of trains passing the one and half
Applications not open yet for the September 2014 intake, but please spread the word about this:

Network Rail Track Design Apprenticeship - Star Track.

The business desperately needs more track designers, and this is the best training scheme around. They'd particularly like to see applicants based in the Manchester area.

To quote NR:

"We need engineers who can take a brief, work with surveyors on site and talk to project teams and engineers to see their designs developed and implemented.

It’s not just about working in the office and using CAD, its about applying your knowledge, challenging the status quo and creating solutions that will benefit the railways for years to come."

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TC88

Hi. I've applied for the training scheme!

Took the online assessments last week but not heard nothing since. :roll: hope i did ok!

Thanks for posting about the scheme :D

D365

Veteran Member
* bump*

Applications now open:

NR Jobs page, filtered.

Applications now open for the September 2015 intake, just follow this same link.

As a student in Y13 I was planning to apply for this, but I had my UCAS prepared in the meantime and received an irresistible offer for Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Sheffield Hallam, my preferred university. Personally, I'm keen to find a placement in the railways for my "year in the industry" and there appear to be many postgraduate options to choose from, either in Britain or in Germany as a fluent speaker. But with my story I won't hijack this thread any further ;)

Generally I'll say the Network Rail apprenticeships are highly regarded and well sought-after. I'd definitely recommend the various schemes to anyone looking to go down this route as a post-16 or post-18 option.

Hope this is of use, feel free to get in touch with me if you wish to hear any more :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.