• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

network rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim8970

Can anyone advise me on what sort of hours OFF TRACK OPERATIVE workers do and what assessment 2 would entail?
Thanks for any replies!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dan567

Hi, the hours of a track operative can vary massively depending on the role etc, assessment 2 is a face to face panel interview, I have a assessement 2 for a welding operative tomorrow morning.

Dan567

Hi, it's always hard to gauge, this was my first interview in almost 11 years, but think i managed to give them the answers they where looking for, i was interviewed by two managers and they both seemed really pleasant and put me at ease from the moment i sat down, i am a auto body panel technician by trade so alot of my skills are transferable into track welding and grinding, i am really hopeful i came across in a positive and polite manner and i've done enough to convince them i'm good enough for the role, just have to wait and see now i guess.

jim8970

You gave it your all and that's all you can do. All the best!! Its an OFF TRACK OPERATIVE I applied for and my status says APPLICATION UNDER REVIEW FOR ASSESSMENT 2.

Dan567

You gave it your all and that's all you can do. All the best!! Its an OFF TRACK OPERATIVE I applied for and my status says APPLICATION UNDER REVIEW FOR ASSESSMENT 2.

Exactly how i see it, you can only do your best,thank you, my application went to under review just before it changed to "invite to assessment 2 - pending" when it says that it basically means you've been sifted and short listed for an interview,HR will then ring you to arrange the date and time and confirm attendance, fingers crossed for you that you get an interview.

They also showed me a shift rota/pattern that you work as a track welder/grinder some weeks you can be working 42 hours with a couple of rest days, other weeks you could be on nights working a total of 24 hours but having more rest days this includes weekend work and also they expect you to be on a rota for being on call which you get paid extra for, i'm assuming off track will be a similar sort of rota.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.