• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorisWiffWaff

I'm considering buying one of these even though I live in Stoke on Trent. I see from splitting journeys to the South East I can save quite a bit with one. Does anyone else who lives quite a way out of the area do this?

Also, what is the logic that someone who regularly uses rail in a certain part of the country can buy a railcard to get fare discounts, when others cannot. Ie the Midlands, North, Scotland, Wales etc.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Also, what is the logic that someone who regularly uses rail in a certain part of the country can buy a railcard to get fare discounts, when others cannot. Ie the Midlands, North, Scotland, Wales etc.
There isn't a logic like that; this is a historical product.

See http://www.srpublicity.co.uk/nse/networkcard.htm

NSE created this product in 1986 and fortunately it appears to have became protected (to some extent) at privatisation.

marts

I live in Sheffield and have a Network Railcard, I go to Faversham about once a month to see friends, I use the Network card when I go on my own and a Family & Friends card when I take my kids down with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.