• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Beckenham to London St. Pancras - Season Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretendolino

Hi all,

My place of work is looking to get staff back into the office at least 2 days a week in the new year. As such, I'm exploring my options for train season tickets and hope you can help!

Home Station: New Beckenham (Zone 4, Southeastern)
Via: London Bridge (Zone 1)
Work Station: London St. Pancras (Zone 1, Thameslink)

Discounts: Rail Staff Travel 75% off
Days Travel: Average 2 days per week for work. Likely 1 day per week for leisure.

I'm aware there's some technicalities around the 'clockface' nature of London termini.

Since the pandemic I've been using contactless but, as my number of journeys increase, I'd like to make use of my discount if I can. Am I able to get a discounted flexi-season between New Beckenham and London St. Pancras?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Hi all,

My place of work is looking to get staff back into the office at least 2 days a week in the new year. As such, I'm exploring my options for train season tickets and hope you can help!

Home Station: New Beckenham (Zone 4, Southeastern)
Via: London Bridge (Zone 1)
Work Station: London St. Pancras (Zone 1, Thameslink)

Discounts: Rail Staff Travel 75% off
Days Travel: Average 2 days per week for work. Likely 1 day per week for leisure.

I'm aware there's some technicalities around the 'clockface' nature of London termini.

Since the pandemic I've been using contactless but, as my number of journeys increase, I'd like to make use of my discount if I can. Am I able to get a discounted flexi-season between New Beckenham and London St. Pancras?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately there are no Flexi Seasons for journeys entirely within the Zones. Your only choice is to get a normal season ticket (which would cost £36.60 a month with your Priv discount) or pay the full public fare.

You can of course get your Priv set on your Oyster card and this would then give you 75% off National Rail PAYG fares, but as with paper tickets, this is only valid for leisure travel and you would be committing a travel irregularity if you used a Priv discounted Oyster for commuting.

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
Unfortunately there are no Flexi Seasons for journeys entirely within the Zones. Your only choice is to get a normal season ticket (which would cost £36.60 a month with your Priv discount) or pay the full public fare.

You can of course get your Priv set on your Oyster card and this would then give you 75% off National Rail PAYG fares, but as with paper tickets, this is only valid for leisure travel and you would be committing a travel irregularity if you used a Priv discounted Oyster for commuting.
Depends who their employer is. One allows a Priv discounted Oyster for residential travel

Pretendolino

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. I wasn't aware of those conditions on flexi-seasons, so that's useful to know!

Is that £36.60 per month based on an annual discounted season ticket?

Established Member

You can ask for a priv rate residential season ticket for commuting, from nearest home station to place of work. This can’t be added to Oyster AFAIK. Obviously the season ticket can also be used for leisure journeys into London so would probably be worth it even for only two days of commuting.

Depends who their employer is. One allows a Priv discounted Oyster for residential travel

All TOCs do for eligible staff. We are assuming here that the OP him/herself is the eligible staff member, rather than a friend/family member who are indeed only allowed to use priv for leisure/educational travel.

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
All TOCs do for eligible staff. We are assuming here that the OP him/herself is the eligible staff member, rather than a friend/family member who are indeed only allowed to use priv for leisure/educational travel.
I'm talking about an Oystercard with the PTAC/Priv discount set for single journeys, not season tickets. Ordinarily such a discount is only valid for leisure journeys, but there is one TOC that allows it for any purpose. For both safeguarded and unsafeguarded staff.

Haywain

Veteran Member
I'm talking about an Oystercard with the PTAC/Priv discount set for single journeys, not season tickets. Ordinarily such a discount is only valid for leisure journeys, but there is one TOC that allows it for any purpose. For both safeguarded and unsafeguarded staff.
I'm sure it's more than one TOC, but by no means all TOCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.