• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Blog, Slower Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slower Travel

Hello all,

After about a decade of procrastination, I've finally got around to launching Slower Travel, a blog about zipping around the country on buses.

I'm based in Manchester, so it's going to have a natural North West bias to it, but I'm looking at going on some more long range adventures when time and money allows.

I must confess that I'm not a fully paid-up bus enthusiast, but I do fully enjoy watching the world go by while I'm sat on one. Sat on a bus, not a bus enthusiast, that is :D

Something else that may be of interest is that I've put together a couple of spreadsheets showing how to get around the coast of the UK on buses. One clockwise, the other anti-. They don't cover every single nook and cranny as I've tried to strike a balance between exploration and practicality, but if you'd like a copy, just drop me a line from the contact page.

The latest post is the Buxton-Sheffield leg of a round trip I did a couple of weeks back on Stageocach's version of the 65. I took the piccy below just as the moors opened up above Grindleford, and it's pretty much the only photo my phone has taken which hasn't come out all fuzzy (stay away from the Samsung J5, photo fans!)

https://slowertravel.co.uk/65-buxton-to-sheffield/

I hope that you enjoy it, and any route/general suggestions are always very welcome.

Ian

Sheffield-Moors-768x575.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.