• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Book on Southern Railway Booster Locomotives CC1 CC2 & 20003

Status
Not open for further replies.

slilley

Noodle Books have just announced the publication of a new book in April 2015 on the three Southern Railway booster locomotives CC1 CC2 and 20003.

This is the first time such a comprehensive look has been taken at these locomotives. We have drawn on archive material at the National Archives in Kew, the NRM, and the rail union ASLEF amongst others, to piece together the story of these unique locomotives.

Over 100 pages with illustrations and diagrams.

For full details, please follow the link below.

http://www.noodlebooks.co.uk/catalogue2014-15/index.html#10
Best wishes

Simon

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Webb

Established Member
Simon - could you check your link please? (It takes me to the 2012 catalogue and I can't see any mention of this new book.)

slilley

Just to give everyone a quick update, the proofs to the first two chapters have now arrived back from the publishers. I am going through them line by line to make sure that no glitches or gremlins have crept in.

slilley

Just to give you a quick progress update. The second set of proofs have now been reviewed and comments back to the publisher. Quite an effort but we think we have eliminated everything, but who knows.

On course for publication in late March I believe.

Best wishes

Simon

slilley

Just to say a big thank you to those of you that have bought the book so far. Sales have been really encouraging. It went on sale at the Alexandra Palace model railway show and had sold 182 copies by the Tuesday after. When I looked last week on Wednesday it was at no 4 in the Amazon railway book chart so obviously a few more have sold.

Thank you once again

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.