• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Conductor for Exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulwestwood

Ah! I thought I heard the initial training was at Newton Abbot but guess I am wrong.

I have my interview for the talent pool on Monday, really hope I get it!
Good Afternoon, Training is normally at Swindon for all of the initial corporate stuff and things like retail training, Traction and Rules training could be at a variety of locations dependant on which trainers and classrooms, also class numbers are available so could be Newton Abbot, Bristol,Swindon I also think they may of used Gloucester and Worcester.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Ah! I thought I heard the initial training was at Newton Abbot but guess I am wrong.

I have my interview for the talent pool on Monday, really hope I get it!

Feel free to ask at the interview about the training, there's probably changes post-Covid with more local training where possible as there have always been satellite sites. Best of luck!

si_145653

Interview day for me tomorrow to join this team.

If anyone has any last minute tips or words of encouragement to share please do.

Lmc1976

You can’t go far wrong with interview advice that is littered all over this forum. The interview is in the STAR format, make sure you have plenty of examples of things that have happened in you life that they want to hear and by that I mean check the conductor advert again, it tells you what sort of person they are looking for there!
I hate interviews but found it to be very easy going it almost felt like i was having a chat over a coffee they made me very much at ease.
Give it your best shot and I’m sure that will be enough!

michael74

You can’t go far wrong with interview advice that is littered all over this forum. The interview is in the STAR format, make sure you have plenty of examples of things that have happened in you life that they want to hear and by that I mean check the conductor advert again, it tells you what sort of person they are looking for there!
I hate interviews but found it to be very easy going it almost felt like i was having a chat over a coffee they made me very much at ease.
Give it your best shot and I’m sure that will be enough!
All of this.... And don't forget Safety and Customer Service....

si_145653

Just had a conditional offer after only 8 days in the talent pool….. am over the moon. :lol:

Thanks to all those who provided info, tips, guidance and encouragement on this thread. :D

Last edited:

michael74

Just had a conditional offer after only 8 days in the talent pool….. am over the moon. :lol:

Thanks to all those who provided hints, tips, guidance and encouragement on this thread. :D
Excellent news, do you have a start date?

Lmc1976

That is mighty quick as I’m sure your aware and from personal experience talent pools can go on for ever and your not even guaranteed a place after that so congratulations this is a good result for you.

michael74

That is mighty quick as I’m sure your aware and from personal experience talent pools can go on for ever and your not even guaranteed a place after that so congratulations this is a good result for you.
Its been quick for you and I in our 2021 pool intake and again so for @si_145653 in his 2022 intake, it would be interesting how many others their are out there from either intakes.

si_145653

Thank you, I am super stoked!

I was expecting a much longer wait as I am aware that people placed in the pool late 2021 are due to start soon too.

si_145653

Hi All.

I start with GWR Exeter on the 27th June. I can’t wait to get going. Excited and nervous at the same time.

Anyone else on here starting the same time and anyone who has recently started willing to share how training is going etc.

Happy to chat via DM if people would prefer to respond privately.

michael74

Hi All.

I start with GWR Exeter on the 27th June. I can’t wait to get going. Excited and nervous at the same time.

Anyone else on here starting the same time and anyone who has recently started willing to share how training is going etc.

Happy to chat via DM if people would prefer to respond privately.
Hello, I have just started week 3, finished the corporate stuff towards end of last week very much enjoying it, it's starting to get real now I have started Guards school.

Status
Not open for further replies.