• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Cross-London (Maltese Cross) Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I have it on very good authority that two new interchanges for cross-London travel will be added later in September.

Battersea Park - Battersea Power Station
Queenstown Road - Battersea Power Station

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joe Paxton

Established Member
I have it on very good authority that two new interchanges for cross-London travel will be added later in September.

Battersea Park - Battersea Power Station
Queenstown Road - Battersea Power Station

Always good to have extra options, and they should always be provided where it's logical. I don't however foresee Battersea Power Station becoming a future hub for cross-London transfer passengers.

Does that mean this will be a new OSI?
Yes. Hoping to get confirmation of the times soon, but likely to be 20 minutes each way.

Re the OSI - I think this could be the first OSI that crosses a zonal boundary.

Battersea Power Station is to be in zone 1, so say both the developers and Wandsworth Council. Meanwhile both Battersea Park and Queenstown Road stations are in zone 2.

I'm wondering if an OSI that crosses the zones might cause any issues?

I guess it's possible Battersea Power Station and Nine Elms stations could actually be zone 1/2 stations (straddling both zones) - in May of this year, Kennington was moved to zone 1/2 in preparation for the opening of the Northern Line extension.

Last edited:

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It'll be no more problematic than Bromley North (4) to Bromley South (5).

James H

Out of station interchange.

The ability to transfer between two nearby stations without being charged for two separate journeys

urbophile

Established Member
That's the wrong side of south London for New Cross. (then I read the posts and understood the thread title!)

Status
Not open for further replies.