• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New European Loco/Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDB1images

Has anyone got any info on any good mags/website/blogs/Yahoo or Facebook groups etc that detail new Locomotive, Unit and light rail/tram deliveries throughout Europe.

I realise Todays Railways Europe covers some of this magazine wise and some German written Enthusiast mags but anyone know of other ways of getting this information?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Kelford

This might be of interest.

rf_ioliver

For Finland you could try running Resiini Lehti through Google Translate: http://www.resiinalehti.fi/artikkeli/123 On the right hand side there's a box with the current deliveries etc.

This was from last year (and fairly well translated by Google too)...the Dr20's arrived a few weeks ago: http://vaunut.org/kuvat/?tt=1&i1=Dr20

GE PowerHaul locomotives comes to Finland. Operail's diesel electric locomotives are type PH37ACai. Nearly factory locomotives will be converted to 1524 mm track gauge in Turkey. The German access control equipment will be dismantled and replaced with a Finnish one. The locomotives have been parked in Cottbus, Germany, when the previous customer was unable to receive them for financial reasons. The locomotive family is in use in the United Kingdom (Class 70), Turkey (DE36000) and South Korea (Class 7600), as well as a narrow-gauge version (1067 mm) in Australia. The launch of the Estonian state-owned Operail brings an interesting situation in which the private Fenniarail competes with two state-owned companies. Operail has allocated at least 195 wagons it owns to interconnections between Finland and Russia. The German was the first to talk about the Finnish locomotives of Operail and their changes Drehscheibe-Online discussion site

squizzler

Established Member
Second vote for Railcolor, it somehow combines the infectious enthusiasm of a railfan's homepage with pretty decent industry reporting.

I am a paid subscriber and would recommend it if (primarily) EU operators and rolling stock builders are your scene.

Last edited:

MarcVD

As well as international railways journal. What I can't find anymore, is the magazine "Rail International" that was published by UIC. Did that cease to exist ?

Status
Not open for further replies.