• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Fares to Tweedbank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares to Tweedbank have been available for a while now on some online booking engines, by searching for journeys on 6th September and beyond.

However, there appear to be a few places from which they are missing, with the obvious black hole that I have found so far being Carlisle. Some flows have also been created, Manchester Stations to Tweedbank for example, with route Via York fares the only ones available. In this example these are at quite the premium to the route Via Carlisle fares (which I think really is the route most passengers would want to take) priced by TransPennine Express.

The Any Permitted tickets from London Terminals to Tweedbank are shown as valid via Carlisle though, but they are Virgin Trains East Coast's fares structure. Tickets from CrossCountry destinations routed Via Bristol and Not Via London are also available. Advance tickets routed things like XC & Connections, VTEC & Connections and +AP LONDON READING seem to be available. Obviously tickets from throughout Scotland to Tweedbank are now available - with the exception of Lockerbie!

By the looks of it, then, Virgin Trains / TransPennine Express haven't noticed Tweedbank is opening soon. ScotRail have been advertising that tickets to Tweedbank are now on sale since 19th June. Somebody give West Coast a friendly nudge 'n get on with it! Unless they fix it in time for opening day, I also can't imagine Transport Scotland being thrilled that there is no fare from Lockerbie to Tweedbank.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikestone1952

I notice that Stafford has fares to Tweedbank via York, Wolverhampton has them "any permitted" and Crewe none at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.