• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Isle of Wight upgrade book

richardlong

I’m very pleased to say I have a new book coming out this summer: ‘All Change at Ryde: Upgrading the Isle of Wight’s Railway’. It covers the story from the final months in service of the 1938 Stock through to the introduction of the Vivarail Class 484s, and much more besides - including what happened to the 1938 Stock after withdrawal. Includes behind-the-scenes photos.

Available to pre-order now from these sellers: https://linktr.ee/allchangeatryde

Attachments

• IMG_8892.jpeg
    IMG_8892.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 16
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
I’m very pleased to say I have a new book coming out this summer: ‘All Change at Ryde: Upgrading the Isle of Wight’s Railway’. It covers the story from the final months in service of the 1938 Stock through to the introduction of the Vivarail Class 484s, and much more besides - including what happened to the 1938 Stock after withdrawal. Includes behind-the-scenes photos.

Available to pre-order now from these sellers: https://linktr.ee/allchangeatryde

How many volumes do you expect it to run to?

richardlong

Just a quick update to say the publishers have now switched the title and subtitle, so the main title is now ‘Upgrading the Isle of Wight’s Railway’.

The ISBN remains the same, so if you’ve preordered under the old title you don’t need to do anything.

Attachments

• jacket.jpeg
    jacket.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 8

richardlong

Just a heads up: If you preorder ‘Upgrading the Isle of Wight’s Railway’ from the Pen and Sword Books website this Bank Holiday weekend you can save 30% off the RRP if you use the code BHMAY24.

Offer is valid until 28/05/24.