• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Jubilee Line Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebmcr

Established Member
Has the Michael Meech "all change, please," "thank you for travelling on the Jubilee line" and "please keep your personal belongings with you at all times" been removed now? Or re-recorded with Celia?

Rerecorded with Celia fortunately

Do we know that for certain? While I have heard the new Celia version, I assume this has been bodged on to the next station announcement, meaning that the Michael Meech announcement is still manually selectable if desirable?

He still makes an appearance on an ad-hoc basis, usually with the chattier T-Ops so I assume manually selected.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The male voice used to also say "All change please. This train will now terminate here. All change please" at the final station. Has this announcement been replaced by Celia Drummond as well?

announcements

It is interesting that the following cutting implies that the recent DVA update includes "newer and more relevant" messages: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94638792@N07/28839321291/in/dateposted-public/

Of course, this cutting is concerned with the upcoming Jubilee line mid-life refresh. However, I would be interested to know what other updates have occurred as part of this recent DVA update besides "doors will open on the x hand side" and "please keep your personal belongings with you at all times" ..?

i3lu

I was waiting for a "This is a Jubilee line train, terminating at Startford." :roll:

I had some interesting announcement observations on the Jubilee Line yesterday.

The Michael Meech "All change please. This train will now terminate here. All change please." is actually now voiced by Anita. But all of the other Michael Meech announcements such as "Please keep your belongings with you at all times." and "Thank you for travelling on tue Jubilee Line." are now voiced by Celia Drummond.

Its a shame that they got rid of Michael Meech as i really liked his announcements. I thought that they were very clear and easy to understand. Does anyone know what the reason was for replacing his announcements?

Via Bank

I had some interesting announcement observations on the Jubilee Line yesterday.

The Michael Meech "All change please. This train will now terminate here. All change please." is actually now voiced by Anita. But all of the other Michael Meech announcements such as "Please keep your belongings with you at all times." and "Thank you for travelling on tue Jubilee Line." are now voiced by Celia Drummond.

Its a shame that they got rid of Michael Meech as i really liked his announcements. I thought that they were very clear and easy to understand. Does anyone know what the reason was for replacing his announcements?

Anita has always had a version of the "all change please" announcement - in fact that's the one that plays automatically when the doors open at the terminus.

Anita has always had a version of the "all change please" announcement - in fact that's the one that plays automatically when the doors open at the terminus.

Ah ok. I didnt realise. Are the Michael Meech announcements still in the system then to play when the train terminates at places like Willesden Green?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I made a few other observations yesterday. The voice that is used at the last station of the service seems to depend on which station the train is terminating at.

When terminating at Stanmore or Stratford - Anita - "All change please. This train will now terminate here. All change please."

When terminating at Neasden or North Greenwich or Wembley Park or West Ham or Willesden Green - Celia Drummond - "All change please. This train will now terminate here. All change please."

So strangely both Anita and Celia Drummond now voice the same exact announcement. It definitely appears that Michael Meech has unfortunately been completely removed.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just one other thing i also noticed is that on a train i went on which terminated at Willesden Green the "All change please. This train will now terminate here. All change please." announcement plays on constant repeat (just like the Michael Meech announcements also did). The announcements were still playing after the driver had checked the train for passengers and driven off in to the sidings.

Lrd

Established Member
Are you sure about that on 92TS?

Quite asside from the fact it doesn't have a 'DVA', it has CAC and SAC modules and takes data from ATO PAC codes and the DTS M2 module, and of course the SAA modules.
Of course it has a DVA, DVA stands for digital voice announcer, which it clearly has. It doesn't matter where it gets it data from and how it works.

Also the 92ts won't be updated until the last possible point before the DDA/PVAR regulations cut off date in 2020 due to the complexity and cost of updating it.

Via Bank

Of course it has a DVA, DVA stands for digital voice announcer, which it clearly has. It doesn't matter where it gets it data from and how it works.

Also the 92ts won't be updated until the last possible point before the DDA/PVAR regulations cut off date in 2020 due to the complexity and cost of updating it.

Hmm. LUL have issued an ITT for new PIS for the 92TS and the Bakerloo line stock with bids closing at the end of the year. When those actually enter service is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.