• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New starter - Covid-19 impact on employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainrave

I know what you mean @Trainrave! I have been paid for 4 months now and am defenitly itchy to get started. Providing it is safe to do so of course. My manager did tell me my job is safe so that put my mind at rest.

It feels like a such a difficult position to be in at the moment.
On one hand, it’s not at all a hardship being paid for being at home throughout the pandemic, and on the other, it feels like a very anxious situation.

I’m sure when all is done, there will be nothing at all to worry about, and until then, I’ll continue to worry! Haha

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TeaTrain

Yes it's crossed my mind too but TPE have been nothing but excellent throughout in my opinion.

It makes me want to get cracking more knowing they are a good bunch of people who (for me), have shown a commitment to their staff even at a trainee level.

Trainrave

Yes it's crossed my mind too but TPE have been nothing but excellent throughout in my opinion.

It makes me want to get cracking more knowing they are a good bunch of people who (for me), have shown a commitment to their staff even at a trainee level.

Lovely stuff, best of luck pal.

Seehof

As time goes on drivers will retire, move elsewhere or fail medical. They will need all of you who are waiting. It is just because of social distancing that there are delays. In some countries they are having to cancel trains due to a shortage of drivers and none being passed out. Yes, no news is good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.