• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New starter for GWR (Conductor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jincy93

Hi all,

Looking for a heads up on what to expect as a Conductor for GWR.

I have been successful at interview stage and I am due to have a medical soon.

What sort of things can I expect at the medical? Also how long is the training is it a mix of classroom based learning and on the job?

Also wondered how the shifts work do you do a few weeks on then a rest week or 2 rest days per week?

Any heads up on what to expect at the medical and the training process would be amazing!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NX

Much depends on which depot you go to regards rosters etc

nuts & bolts

Much depends on which depot you go to regards rosters etc

Medical: colour blind test (again), eye sight test distance, blood pressure, urine test.

Classroom based training:
1st you'll have corporate induction, then customer service do's and dont's

Then onto PTS, Training, a mix of classroom initially then practical on the job experience. Including retail.
Note, assessments at each stage!

All in all about three months + route learning.

Good luck

GMCK

Congratulations! Hopefully you'll ace the medical and have many years of joy to follow.

How did the recruitment process with GWR work? I've been invited to an assessment day involving a group discussion- any ideas on what to expect?!

Status
Not open for further replies.