• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New station for Warrington West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confused52

You will need to get there early as the ToD facility can't be selected on the Northern Website for collection at WAW. Northern/NR really are going out of their way to make it clear they don't want to bother. Northern whinge about having to use contingent paths and claim they are hard done to at Leeds so WAW loses its second stopper because NR can't guarantee the EMR service if the stopper runs when the NOT-LIV is only on contingent rights. If someone knows a better explanation of this disgraceful situation tell us what it is.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rail Ranger

As I understand it, tickets can be collected from any ticket machine with the ToD facility.

exesoundtech

Maybe they have not updated the station list to show it?

It'll be something like that. There's a number of stations where new TVMs have been installed where there were none before where this is also the case.

However, as Rail Ranger points out above, choosing a collection station is simply a check that you are planning to collect at a station with appropriate facilities. You can actually collect wherever you like regardless of where you select - I usually choose the first one in the list..! There are new TVMs at Warrington West (3, I believe) which all should have TOD collection facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.