• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New UKRL depot facility - Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
UK Rail Leasing (UKRL) are building a new shed in Leicester. Is this on the existing depot site?

Work on a new £1.5m locomotive maintenance shed in Leicester is due to start.

The facility scheduled to be built at a depot operated by rail vehicle engineering and maintenance provider, UK Rail Leasing Ltd (UKRL).

On a sperate note how does UKRL link with Europhoenix and ROG? are they group companies?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wyrleybart

Established Member
UK Rail Leasing (UKRL) are building a new shed in Leicester. Is this on the existing depot site?

On a sperate note how does UKRL link with Europhoenix and ROG? are they group companies?

Good questions
Leicester's Beal St depot currently service the XC class 170s overnight, normally four or five sets. XC drivers bring them off into service in the morning, then take them on at night. I assume UKRL staff ferry them on the depot as necesssry

ExRes

Established Member

Companies House shows no relationship between UKRL and either ROG or Europhoenix, none of the individual directors have obvious relationships either

Have a look on Flickr under 'Leicester LIP' and you'll find a number of pictures that show the area the shed will be built on

ExRes

Established Member
Afraid I've failed miserably to keep up with MML electrification but I'm wondering what arrangements they'll make for AC testing the 93s when they're on the LIP

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Afraid I've failed miserably to keep up with MML electrification but I'm wondering what arrangements they'll make for AC testing the 93s when they're on the LIP
Drag them to Nuneaton/Crewe or Bletchley and potter about from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.