• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New v Old Eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.

button_boxer

Established Member
I wasn't only referring to Eurostars. Thalyses, ICEs, they're all the same. As are many trains in this country. I don't think the computer that allocates the seats likes me!

Whenever I've managed to bag one of the cheapest tier advances on XC it's always given me the "window" seat without a window, it's happened too many times to be co-incidence.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Whenever I've managed to bag one of the cheapest tier advances on XC it's always given me the "window" seat without a window, it's happened too many times to be co-incidence.

It sounds as though the seat allocation computer doesn't like you either!

Walnut_rede

We were on the 10.58 London Bruxelles yesterday, and it was formed by a 374 much to the annoyance of a group who had booked four seats around a table. As it appears the seats were based on a 373 they ended up separated, so they just moved to where there was a table and refused to move when another group of four joined at Ebbsfleet. Many cross words exchanged, unscheduled stop at Ashford, original passengers removed by BT Police. Arrival in Brussels around an hour late.....

flash

We were on the 10.58 London Bruxelles yesterday, and it was formed by a 374 much to the annoyance of a group who had booked four seats around a table. As it appears the seats were based on a 373 they ended up separated, so they just moved to where there was a table and refused to move when another group of four joined at Ebbsfleet. Many cross words exchanged, unscheduled stop at Ashford, original passengers removed by BT Police. Arrival in Brussels around an hour late.....

Wouldn't have been a 374, perhaps a refurbished 373.

Suraggu

After arriving back in the UK on ES9161 I actually think the one way trio to Kingsbury is a better treatment than that abomination of a refurbishment.

Yes it's good that there are power sockets and free WiFi onboard but that's it. The seats are narrow and uncomfortable. The seat back table is smaller but longer. Legroom feels less than the previous generation. The seat does not have as a high back so privacy is reduced somewhat.
I understand this is to make it as close to the 374 as possible but it feels like a high speed service without that added glamour of an international service.

Status
Not open for further replies.