• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newark Northgate to Penzance Return via Sleeper. (Strike Action)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposed weekend away

Friday 8th Sept

0738 Dep Newark Northgate to London Kings Cross
Taking an extended connection in London to walk Regents Canal around to Paddington, I will take 1203 Dep to St Erth, changing for a short break in St Ives then returning to Penzance.
From Penzance Dep 2145 take the sleeper back to London Paddington.

I've used the RailUk Tickets site and have seen a brilliant fare of £38.50 NNG to PNZ Std Sgl which I think is an amazing price.
Sleeper with cabin £137.00 for the Rtn to London

My only concern is the return sleeper, If I book these tickets and an overtime ban is in place the sleeper will be canceled, I realize that I would get a full refund because GWR has canceled the service.
But how would it affect my NNG to PNZ ticket and any other tickets I will need over the weekend should I decide not to travel on the 1st train knowing the sleeper is canceled?

Itinerary not yet finalized
Friday 8th Sept - Newark Northgate to Kings Cross, Paddington to St Erth, St Erth to St Ives, St Ives to Penzance, Penzance to Paddington
Saturday 9th Sept - Waterloo to Portsmouth Rtn
Night in London
Sunday 10th Sept - Kings Cross to Newark Northgate

Status
Not open for further replies.