• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newbie: My Conductor Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

- Cal -

Hi, guys I'm new to the forum so I would just like to say Hi, I'm 22 years old and been brought up on trains through my dad (who currently works for Northern Rail).... Would just like to know what my chances are on the following application

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong area

2 months ago I applied with Northern Rail for a conductors job, to which i recieved an interview for and passed the interview stage with flying colours. I then went for the assessment day a couple of weeks ago. I also passed the assessment day. On tuesday I had my medical and the BUPA lady was very friendly and said it went well, and she didn't find anything wrong with me. A previous employer has told me he has sent back a good genuine reference for me.

Just want to know how long do you guy's think it will be before i hear anything? Anyone currently work for Northern?

Thankyou

Cal

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scrapy

Established Member
I had the same experience. Eventually I phoned recruitment in York and they told me I was booked on a course starting on Monday (this was on the Friday) so I'm not sure when they were intending to let me know.

Best bet is to phone recruitment and say you could do with a start date to make plans.

Mintona

Established Member
Give them a week. They should get back to you soon. Remember because of the postal strike your contract may be delayed in the post. If you haven't heard by next Friday give them a bell, and if they say they have sent it then you should get it fairly soon after.

Congratulations on passing everything, and good luck.

norky84

Hi, guys I'm new to the forum so I would just like to say Hi, I'm 22 years old and been brought up on trains through my dad (who currently works for Northern Rail).... Would just like to know what my chances are on the following application

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong area

2 months ago I applied with Northern Rail for a conductors job, to which i recieved an interview for and passed the interview stage with flying colours. I then went for the assessment day a couple of weeks ago. I also passed the assessment day. On tuesday I had my medical and the BUPA lady was very friendly and said it went well, and she didn't find anything wrong with me. A previous employer has told me he has sent back a good genuine reference for me.

Just want to know how long do you guy's think it will be before i hear anything? Anyone currently work for Northern?

Thankyou

Cal

You've had a quicker experience then me. I applied for a job at Manchester Picaddilly in May, found out in August that I had passed the sift stage, and I am still waiting for an interview. I have been informed this could be anytime in 2009/early 2010!!

Status
Not open for further replies.