Newport to Ebbw Vale Diversions (Park Junction & Gaer Junction)

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by Kite159, 10 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kite159

Kite159 Established Member

2. PHILIPE

PHILIPE Established Member

Nothing new at all. It has happened several times and will be running to Ebbw Vale Town by then.

3. headshot119

headshot119 Established Member

Thank you for bringing this to my attention as I need that bit of track.

Not for passenger use they won't, Arriva reckons it'll be September before the Town opens. (Assuming the posters aren't out of date)

4. Techniquest

Techniquest Veteran Member

No such information available in The Ford on a September opening of Ebbw Vale Town. If I was in ATW's shoes I'd be starting to promote it more heavily than a tiny note in a poster on timetable changes :roll:

It may not be a new bit of track to cover, but I still haven't got around to it either. Of course, I had been waiting for the Newport services to start when the line re-opened in 2008, as they were going to start 'soon'...:roll:

Hopefully I'm not working this Bank Holiday weekend now, which Sod's Law says I am...

Cheers for the heads-up Kite159!

5. headshot119

The opening of Pye Corner was similar with the big announcement left until fairly close to the timetable change. I suppose it means no one is disappointed if the work slips.

6. Techniquest

Fair point, hopefully it won't be too long. It'll be my first new track in Wales for over 7 years, not including some microgricing on the Merthyr Tydfil line.

7. Kite159

Kite159 Established Member

I assume you haven't microgriced the new platform at Barry yet ;)

8. headshot119

Hope you're going to microgrice the new platforms at Cardiff Queen Street.

What day are you doing the Ebbw Vale bash? I'm thinking of doing a move to Risca and back after slotting in a trip to Pilning in the morning.

9. Techniquest

I haven't no, nor the new ones at Queen Street ot Pontypridd!

10. mikestone1952

mikestone1952 Member

no doubt mentioned on another thread but the diversions didn't happen due to a points defect at Park Junction and Ebbw Vale Town did open at the timetable change

11. headshot119

I've heard they where called off because of the stroke, though when I went to Ebbw Vale Town on the opening Park Junction 30 points where clipped and scotched reverse, so both are believable reasons.

12. PHILIPE

PHILIPE Established Member

On June 27th and 28th, there is an opportunity to travel on a through train from the Ebbw Vale line to England. During this weekend all lines are closed between Cardiff and Newport due to Engineering Work so many Ebbw Vale trains are running to Cheltenham via Gaer Junction in lieu of from Maesteg.
    All info refers to trains starting/terminating at Ebbw Vale Parkway so I have E-Mailed ATW to ask re the position in regard to Ebbw Vale Town. It usually takes some time to reply, unfortunately.
    My suspicion is that everything was arranged and timed before there was a definite date available for opening so has slipped through the net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.