• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Night buses outside of London

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
Is the Stagecoach timetable wrong?
It appears for continuity the n12 have been added to the normal 12 timetable. It may have lost the N now. The early morning services were n12 when launched,

AndrewE

Established Member
It runs as N12 at night.

Is 2am, 3am in the night. Yes, or certainly is where I come from
in which case it is strange that the (Stagecoach) timetable makes no mention of an N12. And I suppose that running at midnight, 1 and 2 am then a gap until 0528 does make it a sort of a night bus. Similar gap the other way from Paignton, worse from Brixham, but I guess it is to serve the clubbing crowds who don't stay up all night!

richw

Veteran Member
in which case it is strange that the (Stagecoach) timetable makes no mention of an N12. And I suppose that running at midnight, 1 and 2 am then a gap until 0528 does make it a sort of a night bus. Similar gap the other way from Paignton, worse from Brixham, but I guess it is to serve the clubbing crowds who don't stay up all night!
I’m wondering if the N has been dropped? In the summer the gap from 2/3am until 0528 will likely be plugged again as per previous summers.

The 0455 Gold from Plymouth to Paignton is a funny one, some days it can carry good numbers, others the driver has to himself. The same days on different weeks aren’t even consistent. It’s more of a positioning trip as the return working from Paignton at 0620 is a busy one with workers and college students commuting from Torbay to Plymouth, but also the 7am factory shifts in Totnes