• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Night Riviera berth plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebor79

Established Member
Booked onto the Night Riviera to St Austell this coming Monday. Had issues with the GWR website so did it via their call centre.
Agent offered me a single cabin but I elected to save 20 quid and take the risk of sharing.

On my ticket I'm in berth 7L. Looking at the berth plan on the GWR website that's a single cabin. So safe to assume I won't be sharing?
In fact according to the berth plan there are only 2 shared cabins per coach.

Will be interesting to compare these refurbed Mk3 coaches the the Mk5 Caledonian Sleeper I travelled on earlier in the year.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NewSt

On my ticket I'm in berth 7L. Looking at the berth plan on the GWR website that's a single cabin. So safe to assume I won't be sharing?
In fact according to the berth plan there are only 2 shared cabins per coach.

Yes, as the berth plan says that that's a single cabin it is indeed safe to assume that you will not be sharing, unless GWR have got really mixed up and are trying to put two people in a solo-occupancy cabin, which seems unlikely.

With there being only 2 double berths per coach as you say, it's highly unlikely that most solo travellers would have to share due to the fact that they would mainly be booked up with couples or families, I'd imagine that most of the time GWR just use the risk of sharing to get people to upgrade and there are very few occurrences where passengers actually have to share, considering the fact that there are just 10 double cabins per train.

Hope that helps.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As far as I'm aware GWR have, for a considerable number of years now, ruled out sharing with strangers on the Night Riveria. You can still share with someone you know (hence the twin berths) but strangers never share.

trebor79

Established Member
Ah, interesting to know. I will probably be using the service semi-regularly over the next few months. Good to know there's unlikely to be any point in paying for a single cabin upgrade.
Now I just need to explain to the people that process expenses why I've booked a "twin" cabin (they think there's someone tagging along!).

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Ah, interesting to know. I will probably be using the service semi-regularly over the next few months. Good to know there's unlikely to be any point in paying for a single cabin upgrade.
Now I just need to explain to the people that process expenses why I've booked a "twin" cabin (they think there's someone tagging along!).
Hmm you may want to wait and see if anyone else has any ideas. I've never thought of trying to "game" the system like myself. And it is possible it may backfire!

trebor79

Established Member
Hmm you may want to wait and see if anyone else has any ideas. I've never thought of trying to "game" the system like myself. And it is possible it may backfire!
No in not trying to game the system. I genuinely don't mind sharing but it was a nice surprise to find out I won't be on this occasion.

co-tr-paul

All berths in coaches D,E,F,H are presented as doubles. However, the top bunk may be lifted to make a single on the day. Coach G isa trials presented as singles but top bunk may be dropped to make a double on the day. This is expected to be modified soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.