• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Night train routing between Innsbruck and Salzburg

SandsofEss

Does anyone know which route sleeper trains take between Innsbruck and Salzburg please?

Is it via Zell am See, or via Kufstein and Germany?

I travelled on Euronight 50467 last week, and want to colour in the correct route on my map.

Merry Christmas to anyone reading.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Austriantrain

Established Member
Does anyone know which route sleeper trains take between Innsbruck and Salzburg please?

Is it via Zell am See, or via Kufstein and Germany?

I travelled on Euronight 50467 last week, and want to colour in the correct route on my map.

Merry Christmas to anyone reading.

It’s normally via Germany. Diversions via Zell am See are not infrequent, but will lead to a delay of at least 1,5 hours, so you would notice it (unless it is a planned diversion, in which case timetable will be adapted- you will then see it at the times taken between Innsbruck and Salzburg. On the regular routes, timetabled journey time will be around 2 hours; via Zell am See between 3.5 and 4).

SandsofEss

We left Zurich an hour earlier than usual, but ‘caught up’ by waiting 90 minutes in Buchs (which gave me the opportunity to take a walk into Liechtenstein).

So I think we went via Germany as suggested. Thanks for your help.